Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

MLB - 9/15/10

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
I was excited to watch Porcello go for his 5th win in as many starts tonight, but apparently they are skipping him in the rotation this week due to a strained flexor tendon in his right index finger.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
Logan Morrison singles up the middle.

On-Base streak is now at 35 games. The Marlins record is 43, set by Luis Castillo. The Major League record for this year is 42 by Mark Teixeira. Not bad for a rookie :cool:

andyduke86

Nov 22, 2008
Total bush league play by Jeter. Umps just cost the Rays a run. I don't know how they can miss a play as obvious a that one.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
Jered Weaver's season has gone wholly unnoticed, but he has an ERA under 3 and leads the AL in K's.

7 IP, 1 hit, 7 K's tonight and the W. He's not quite in Felix Hernandez league as far as lack of support, though 12-11 with a 2.96 ERA is pretty tough luck.

Joshua.Roundtree

Mar 12, 2010
Clearwater, FL
andyduke86 said:
Faking injuries, like getting drilled in the hand, is bush league.

+1000

I'm glad someone called DJ out for that BS.

Maddon was on a mission to get tossed, he knew that there was no way he was leaving the field unless that call was reversed or he got the toss.

Dan Johnson is THE MAN. Hopefully this lead can hold.

SamHell

Jun 12, 2010
Texas
David Murphy 3 run HR.
15 for his last 44. 2 HR 9RBI.
Picking up the slack for Josh Hamilton.
Rangers magic number can be down to 8 after tonight.

andyduke86

Nov 22, 2008
Joshua.Roundtree said:
andyduke86 said:

+1000

Maddon was on a mission to get tossed, he knew that there was no way he was leaving the field unless that call was reversed or he got the toss.

Yea. I have no problem with him taking first if the ump gives it to him and he sure as hell shouldn't say that it hit the bat. That would just be stupid. But to grab your hand like you were hit, there's no excuse. I'd expect stuff like that from some European soccer player, not DJ. Honestly, I thought he was better than that.

Maddon was certainly trying to get tossed. I can't believe it took him that long to get tossed, he was practically begging for it. The umps must have known they were wrong but lacked the guts to make the correct call even after discussing it. That's the only way you can let a manager argue with you for that long before tossing him. I don't know if I've ever seen anyone argue for even half that amount of time and not get tossed.

Joshua.Roundtree

Mar 12, 2010
Clearwater, FL
andyduke86 said:
Joshua.Roundtree said:
andyduke86 said:

+1000

Yea. I have no problem with him taking first if the ump gives it to him and he sure as hell shouldn't say that it hit the bat. That would just be stupid. But to grab your hand like you were hit, there's no excuse. I'd expect stuff like that from some European soccer player, not DJ. Honestly, I thought he was better than that.

Maddon was certainly trying to get tossed. I can't believe it took him that long to get tossed, he was practically begging for it. The umps must have known they were wrong but lacked the guts to make the correct call even after discussing it. That's the only way you can let a manager argue with you for that long before tossing him. I don't know if I've ever seen anyone argue for even half that amount of time and not get tossed.

What exactly were the trainers looking at for so long with Jeter? I mean what do you say to them when they come out because you are crouched over like you broke your wrist? "Its cool guys, I'm working on my post-baseball acting career."

Biggest spot in the game for NY and they don't pinch hit for Curtis.......

I love it.

braden

Aug 7, 2008
Joshua.Roundtree said:
andyduke86 said:
[quote="Joshua.Roundtree":2v6ubgyx]
andyduke86 said:

+1000

What exactly were the trainers looking at for so long with Jeter? I mean what do you say to them when they come out because you are crouched over like you broke your wrist? "Its cool guys, I'm working on my post-baseball acting career."

Biggest spot in the game for NY and they don't pinch hit for Curtis.......

I love it.[/quote:2v6ubgyx]

When you get on base less often than some pitchers, I guess you've gotta find a way. (.232/.298/.311 on the road this year).

ccouch (Chad)

Aug 8, 2008
When Jeter gets drilled in the back the next time these two teams are playing and the game is relatively out-of-reach either way, it will be interesting to see if there's any complaining. You wanna get hit, Jetes? Well, have at it.

Members online