Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

grading question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rum151man

Mar 9, 2010
Nor Cal
prob a dumb question but was curious if you could send a bccg slabbed cards into bgs and have them re-grade and re- seal it or do you have to crack the card out of the case first then send it in? if so whats the best way to crack those bccg cases?

jjj7880

Aug 7, 2008
You don't have to crack it out. Just have them cross it over to BGS. If you have a BCCG 10 you will end up with a BGS 9 or better but chances are it would be a BGS 9.

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
jjj7880 said:
You don't have to crack it out. Just have them cross it over to BGS. If you have a BCCG 10 you will end up with a BGS 9 or better but chances are it would be a BGS 9.

Not true

a BCCG 10 is most likely a BGS 8

jjj7880

Aug 7, 2008
ThoseBackPages said:
jjj7880 said:

Not true

I thought BCCG 10 was "Mint" or better?

hofautos

Aug 29, 2008
ThoseBackPages said:
jjj7880 said:

Not true

OR 7

rum151man

Mar 9, 2010
Nor Cal
what if the card is a 9 or 9.5 and somebody just sent it to bccg knowing it would for sure get a 10, the cards i got all look really good to me.

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
rum151man said:
what if the card is a 9 or 9.5 and somebody just sent it to bccg knowing it would for sure get a 10, the cards i got all look really good to me.

BCCG is like the place where BGS sends their rejects if a card doesnt meet a certain criteria grade wise.

Let me try to explain.....keep in mind ive never done this, but ive been lead to believe this is how it works

Someone sends in 10,000 cards to Beckett to get slabbed. They obviously get a deal. Beckett tells them
that they are going to charge them $X for each one that grades a 9.5 (or better) and then they are willing
to "BCCG" the ones that dont meet the criteria for much much MUCH less, possibly 25 to 50 cents a piece.

there you have it. Sucks to hear, but i dont know of anyone over the years that hasnt bought at least one bccg

Members online