Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

How do you send your cards for TTM Autos?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

frazzles

Jun 3, 2010
Peoria, AZ
I am going to send out some A&G cards for TTM Autos, was wondering how you all sent your card(s) and SASE... like what types of envelopes.

I have these long security PWEs (4 1/8 x 9 1/2 in) and also small "standard" envelopes (3 5/8 x 6 1/2 in), would that work?

Thanks for input, I've never done this before.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
1. Write a letter. It doesn't have to be long, although some signers might write back if you ask a few questions.
2. Insert letter and card into the envelope. I usually put the card in the letter, just to make sure the player doesn't miss it.
3. Fill out the proper information on an SASE. The SASE should be smaller than the envelope you are putting it in (I use 3 5/8 x 6 1/2).
4. Make sure everything is stamped and addressed correctly.
5. Seal envelope
6. Mail it.

Tips:
-Don't get frustrated if you don't get your cards back right away. TTM takes Time, Tolerance, and Money.
-A handwritten letter usually works better, but for some older people, you may consider a typed one with your signature after it.
-You may want to research the person's successes and failures. It will save you lots of time and money in the long run.
-It is probably best to write "DO NOT BEND" on both envelopes. I don't, but I have had a few PO fails with my successes.
-Frequent the correct success thread. You may give ideas to other TTMers.
-Send along a couple index cards for protection. Who knows, they may sign them too!

I hope this helps. If I am doing a mass-sendout, I usually skip the letters and write a couple sentences on an index card, and fold my sase in half and throw it in a small envelope.

JustinG08

Aug 9, 2008
Clearwater, FL
TBTwinsFan said:
1. Write a letter. Make it long enough so that the player knows you care.
2. Insert letter and card into the envelope. I usually put the card in the letter, just to make sure the player doesn't miss it.
3. Fill out the proper information on an SASE. The SASE should be smaller than the envelope you are putting it in (I use 3 5/8 x 6 1/2).
5. Seal envelope
6. Mail it.

Tips:
-Don't get frustrated if you don't get your cards back right away. TTM takes Time, Tolerance, and Money.
-A handwritten letter usually works better, but for some older people, you may consider a typed one with your signature after it.
-You may want to research the person's successes and failures. It will save you lots of time and money in the long run.
-It is probably best to write "DO NOT BEND" on both envelopes. I don't, but I have had a few PO fails with my successes.
-Send along a couple index cards for protection. Who knows, they may sign them too!

I hope this helps. If I am doing a mass-sendout, I usually skip the long letters and write one on an index card, and fold my sase in half and throw it in a small envelope.

Pretty good advice however I disagree with writing long letters. Most current players don't have the time or care to read letter after letter with the old "I'm a huge fan"...etc. What I do is usually something like this. "Thank you for taking the time to open my letter, I would be grateful if you could possibly sign and return the card enclosed, thanks again and best wishes". Now if writing to older retired players they actually tend to enjoy a short personal letter. I try to find something interesting about their career and mention that in the letter. I get many return responses thanking me for remembering a specific moment in their career.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
JustinG08 said:
TBTwinsFan said:
1. Write a letter. Make it long enough so that the player knows you care.
5. Seal envelope
6. Mail it.

Tips:

I hope this helps. If I am doing a mass-sendout, I usually skip the long letters and write one on an index card, and fold my sase in half and throw it in a small envelope.

Pretty good advice however I disagree with writing long letters. Most current players don't have the time or care to read letter after letter with the old "I'm a huge fan"...etc. What I do is usually something like this. "Thank you for taking the time to open my letter, I would be grateful if you could possibly sign and return the card enclosed, thanks again and best wishes". Now if writing to older retired players they actually tend to enjoy a short personal letter. I try to find something interesting about their career and mention that in the letter. I get many return responses thanking me for remembering a specific moment in their career.

Yeah for the older guys I usually write a good more-personal letter. I sometimes send along a questionaire to them as well and frame the questionaire and the card or IC that I sent them.

I might try writing a letter your way. It seems like a big time saver. I am writing to Doerr right now but maybe with a more current guy.

frazzles

Jun 3, 2010
Peoria, AZ
This may seem like a weird question, but on the return envelope, you put your own address in the return address too, right?

jeff550

May 5, 2009
burke
frazzles said:
This may seem like a weird question, but on the return envelope, you put your own address in the return address too, right?
you do, so if the po were to detroy it, they have more chance of getting it to you. also use forever stamps, becuase it can take 3+ years to get stuff back

JustinG08

Aug 9, 2008
Clearwater, FL
frazzles said:

I always put my own addy for the return, it adds a little assurance you'll get your envelope back if something happens along the way. Good luck and be sure to post your results in the success thread.