Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Pricing help - BGS 10 Trout BCDP Auto

Pricing help

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95vr4

Aug 7, 2008
Hey guys, I'm in a process of moving this BGS 10 Trout - POP 2 according to BGS. I'm just wondering what kind of price would you guys consider is fair? Opinions are welcomed or you can put your vote in. Thanks!

Trout10.jpg

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
ballerskrip said:
aminors said:
It's like a $45 card without grading, around $65 gem, so I'd say $100-120?

I am guessing $175-$200.

skrip

I m with Skripsky on this one. No way is that under 100.00. If Eric had it then it would be a 200 card.

95vr4

Aug 7, 2008
Thanks to those who have voted. Got a $150 offer last night, but I'm leaning toward $200 a bit more.

95vr4

Aug 7, 2008
ThoseBackPages said:
95vr4 said:
Thanks to those who have voted. Got a $150 offer last night, but I'm leaning toward $200 a bit more.

Cash is king. what do you have into the card? dont get too greedy

Pulled it out of a box during release, subtract eBay & Paypal fees, it's really a $135 offer...

matchpenalty

Jan 12, 2009
North East
In height of Trout mania I'm sure it would have gotten well over 2 bills, maybe even 3-4 bills. Seems now his bandwagon has lost some members. $150 may be going rate now. Or hold till next season and see if he picks some steam and hype back up.

UMich92

Sep 18, 2008
Great card. Unless you need the cash now, I'd consider waiting until spring as Trout should be very high up the BA Top 100.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
As both matchpenalty and UMich92 have stated, I would wait unless you are strapped for cash or get a great offer. He should pick up steam again next year, or possibly even during the offseason when BA starts hyping people.

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Leave it up on 30 days there's an ass for every seat. Someone will overpay for it.

EricInCT

Jan 8, 2009
jcmint said:
Leave it up on 30 days there's an ass for every seat. Someone will overpay for it.

Currently, there is no way anyone will pay 200 for that card....maybe if he leaves it up there for 300 days, perhaps.

A ref 9.5 sold for $79 dlvd......no one in their right mind would pay 200 for a base chrome auto.

Stop listening to these greedy folk and sell the thing already.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
Honestly, what type of player do people assumes Trout will become?

As an Angels fan, I can be excited about a LF with a solid average and some big speed, but little power seems to do very little on a National scale. And let's be honest here, it's the big power numbers that get people excited about prospect buying frenzy.

At $150, that's a no brainer. So what if the card sells for $200 in 6 months...it could just as easily sell for $100.

Obviously, it's yours and you can do with it what you want, but if you sell at $150 and take home $135 on the deal...not a single person in the future selling of a that card will ever make more dollar-wise, or percentage-wise.

EricInCT

Jan 8, 2009
In the last 14 days I can tell you the mindset has shifted DRAMATICALLY......I get more emails now asking if I would take $35 for the 100/BO card when they last one sold for 79 two weeks ago. People are low balling and looking for deals while watching football.

+1 to what hockeyplayer said, solid.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
EricInCT said:
In the last 14 days I can tell you the mindset has shifted DRAMATICALLY......I get more emails now asking if I would take $35 for the 100/BO card when they last one sold for 79 two weeks ago. People are low balling and looking for deals while watching football.

I've noticed some serious lowballing recently as well.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
Topnotchsy said:
EricInCT said:

I've noticed some serious lowballing recently as well.

Me too. I have no problem with getting bad offers now and then but it's like people think it's automatically time for sellers to give up everything at 50-75% of market price. Not sure I understand that.

I'd still hold that card. He's never going to be a power machine, but I think he's gonna come out putting up monster numbers if he's starting 2011 in the Cal League. Oh yeah, and BA will probably rank him as a top 5 prospect this offseason, which never hurts.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Brian (Delaware): Where do you see Angles' Mike Trout starting next season. Can we expect to see him in AA or back to Rancho?

Jim Callis: I'd say Double-A. Never thought I'd say this a year ago, but he may play his way to Anaheim by the end of the 2011 season. He's the top prospect in minor league baseball for me.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
Jaypers said:
Brian (Delaware): Where do you see Angles' Mike Trout starting next season. Can we expect to see him in AA or back to Rancho?

Jim Callis: I'd say Double-A. Never thought I'd say this a year ago, but he may play his way to Anaheim by the end of the 2011 season. He's the top prospect in minor league baseball for me.

It seems like people completely forget that he was 18/19 all season. Based on his age alone, he probably shouldn't have even made it to High-A this season but he was too good for low A so he did. Most people seem to not realize that that is one hell of a feat itself, but then to hit .300 there too?

He also ended the season on a mini-tear. I could make some easy flips on the base and ref Gems I have, but I'm holding.

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
now that MiLB is done for the season, theres no reason to sell any prospect that isnt making headlines on ESPN at the moment.

As was mentioned, Football is in full swing, Hockey and Hoops are coming. Baseball is going to the back-burner, as is the disposable income in todays market

Members online

Latest posts