Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

1999 Topps MVP Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

morgoth

Jul 2, 2010
I bought a Matt Holliday recently but was concerned over the missing MVP logo. I received the card and it has the standard MVP promotion back. I am wondering if anyone knows if the RC's from that set were issued without the MVP logo on them?????????

Did I get screwed? Supposedly there are only 100 of each card issued.

Here are the scans

1999HollidayMVPFront.jpg

1999HollidayMVPBack.jpg

MantMaris

Jul 29, 2010
Wisconsin
This one is completed on eBay that doesn't have it...Item number: 350390222912 Hope this helps (if it isn't the one you bought)

morgoth

Jul 2, 2010
So is mine just a topps mistake or is someone making these in their garage.

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
Your card is in a horizontal format, perhaps that changes things. Do other similar horizontal cards have the MVP logo?

morgoth said:

Jun 30, 2010
morgoth said:

I am the person who sold you the card. I have had it for years and would be more than happy to take the card back if you are not happy!!!!!!!!!!!!The right thing would have been to email me with your concern instead of taking this to the boards in the manner you have. Even though mistakes can happen and you have a legitimate question, I should have been the first line of questioning. Bryan

Dec 10, 2008
Kennesawsportscards said:
I am the person who sold you the card. I have had it for years and would be more than happy to take the card back if you are not happy!!!!!!!!!!!!The right thing would have been to email me with your concern instead of taking this to the boards in the manner you have. Even though mistakes can happen and you have a legitimate question, I should have been the first line of questioning. Bryan

I disagree. The collective knowledge of this board is second to none on modern cards. Also the OP is not even the reason that purchase can be linked to you. I find it hard to find any fault with the OP over this. I think everybody should sit back and wait for the appropriate answer, as it surely will be posted by somebody. I believe I read before on these boards that some of these cards don't have the logo, be it the RC's, horizontals, or something. I'll see if I can dig it up

morgoth

Jul 2, 2010
I never insinuated that the seller was at fault. I never posted the sellers name or auction, it was another person. I was just asking the question. Obviously if the card isn't like others from the set the two reasons why would be A. Topps made a mistake/all other RC's are like that or B. SOMEONE (I never said you) may have made it themselve.

Another thing, going to this board was for information, how do I know you are a member? I am a new member here but this is the board with tons of player collectors who I thought might have the information.

As you can see its still up in the air about the card.

Also, I needed more information before contacting you about it. Right now I think its a good card and maybe a Topps mistake but if someone had info here stating these had been faked before I would probably had contacted you.

I again apologize if you feel someone tried to out you but it was just an information request nothing personal.

Fandruw25

Aug 25, 2008
I don't have any information, but I would look at it as a rare promo card. It very well could be the only without foil and coupled with (assuming you have or get) the actual MVP card it would be pretty cool.

Dec 10, 2008
I swear the answer has been posted before, but the search feature is claiming "MVP" has no hits, as it's not recognizing it for some reason. "Topps MVP" just gets the MVP ignored, and every post with "Topps" is shown. I think I remember it was posted in the '90s insert thread, but between the first and second that like 600 pages :?

MacK

Aug 7, 2008
Kennesawsportscards said:
morgoth said:

Relax. Your reputation is not being risked.

He's not saying the card is a fake, nor is he wanting to return it, he's simply asking if the RCs in the set are missing the MVP Logo. He's not out to get you. This board is very knowledgeable. You'd be hard pressed to find a place with more knowledge.

Calm down with the excessive punctuation.

SouthSideSluggers

Aug 7, 2008
Sunny Los Angeles
I pulled a Jose Offerman Red Sox with out the MVP foil on the front but has the MVP listing on the back of the card...Don't think I have a pic scanned but if you look really closely on the front I could see a little foil...maybe the foil wasn't pressed onto the card well.

morgoth

Jul 2, 2010
thanks for the help guys. I think there were alot of cards that made it out without the stamps. I would love to find a Holliday with a stamp too. The search is on.

Members online

Latest posts