Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Me 1 Ebay 0

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

serving4theking

Aug 10, 2008
Just had to share my joy. Two weeks ago I listed a ton of player collections and bulk player lots when the Aug 31st-Sept 2nd 10-cent listing promotion was offered. I listed like 300 auctions for $30.

Well, I got the e-mail again for the 10-cent promotion this week, and listed one (I always list one first to test it) and didn't get the promo rate. I checked my DSR's, and my star ratings showed all 4.5 or higher, so I chatted with a rep. The rep told me I qualified over chat, but referred me to a billing chat agent. I waited two hours, chatted with the billing chat agent for 30 minutes (because they are so slow) and was told it must have been a glitch and that I should be "good to go" and that the listings would be discounted in my invoice activity, but not appear in Turbo Lister.

So I listed 429 items and was charged $407!

After talking/chatting with 8 reps over the last 24 hours, things were corrected. It seems as if the original two reps were wrong, and that I didn't qualify because my shipping time DSR went down to 4.4 at some point over the last few days. But I listed all those items based on their information. This was a huge sticking point, but I finally got them to see that the two reps who reassured me of the promo fees were the reason I placed the listings.

I've never won appealing anything to Ebay or Paypal, so I feel a bit vindicated. And to be fair, the final Ebay person I talked with was amazing, almost like a real person.

leatherman

Aug 7, 2008
The Atlanta suburbs
I'm glad you won, but spending that amount of time on the phone dealing with idiots sounds like the time I went to DMV with my wife just after we got married and she had to get her name changed on her license.

serving4theking

Aug 10, 2008
leatherman said:
I'm glad you won, but spending that amount of time on the phone dealing with idiots sounds like the time I went to DMV with my wife just after we got married and she had to get her name changed on her license.

If it weren't $350+, I would have said forget it. I honestly think it's a strategic policy for Ebay employees just to give us the run around and wear us down and cause us to give up.

matty07

Aug 7, 2008
Hamilton, Canada
407 bucks is not something you turn your head and look the other way. Im glad you had the patience because I would of done the exact same thing. Congrats!

boomo

Sep 14, 2008
how did it come to 407?
were these high priced to start with?
did u pay for all the extra stuff?

serving4theking

Aug 10, 2008
boomo said:
how did it come to 407?
were these high priced to start with?
did u pay for all the extra stuff?

Well, it was several hundred listings without any extra stuff, but all starting at different opening bids. Some opening bids are 10 cents, 50 cents, $1, $2. It added up!

I've been able to sell quite a few so far, and hoping to get rid of all my player lots and collections before we leave for our mission in October. We'll be gone five years so I'm not planning to store anything.

serving4theking

Aug 10, 2008
Update: I checked my invoice and the prices haven't been adjusted yet, so I called again and they told me it would be a credit/debit process once the auctions end, so I guess we'll see. It's all logged in their end, so I'm pretty confident, but it's not a done deal yet.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts