Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

a play that will live in infamy!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

A_Pharis

Wait... a... second...

Prince-Poppycock-300x225.jpg

Derek Jeter is actually.. PRINCE POPPYCOCK!

MiracleMatthew

Jan 15, 2010
Midland, TX
Jeter was my fav player growing up. That made him look terrible. I know guys do it. But I didn't expect it from him. Maybe it's a double standard. You know all of the yankees fans would be mass odering wamburgers if longoria did it.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
Derek Jeter took acting classes this past off-season and made it seem like a ball that hit his bat, hit his hand. He cried a bit, sobbed a bit and Girardi and the Yankees trainer came out to look at his hand. He was awarded first base. Joe Madden got thrown out arguing the call. Jeter stated clearly after the game that the ball hit his bat and something to the effect of "I wasn't going to refuse going to first."

Does it happen? Absolutely. Does every player milk it that hard? No, the manager and trainer bit was impressive.

ESPN is portraying this silly (and common) event as something earth-shattering because the patron saint of honesty and purity misled/faked/cheated/lied about the ball making contact with him just to get a competitive advantage.

The Yanks were down by 1 in the 7th...Jeter took his base, next batter hit a bomb...Yankees up by 1. Rays ended up winning, the world should have forgotten.

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
200lbhockeyplayer said:
Derek Jeter took acting classes this past off-season and made it seem like a ball that hit his bat, hit his hand. He cried a bit, sobbed a bit and Girardi and the Yankees trainer came out to look at his hand. He was awarded first base. Joe Madden got thrown out arguing the call. Jeter stated clearly after the game that the ball hit his bat and something to the effect of "I wasn't going to refuse going to first."

Does it happen? Absolutely. Does every player milk it that hard? No, the manager and trainer bit was impressive.

ESPN is portraying this silly (and common) event as something earth-shattering because the patron saint of honesty and purity misled/faked/cheated/lied about the ball making contact with him just to get a competitive advantage.

The Yanks were down by 1 in the 7th...Jeter took his base, next batter hit a bomb...Yankees up by 1. Rays ended up winning, the world should have forgotten.

Thanks for the real reply. So basically, a non-issue is made an issue by Yankees haters. Something that happens all the time in baseball is a big deal because it's Derek Jeter. My day is exactly the same as before I learned of this. lol

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
sportscardtheory said:
200lbhockeyplayer said:

Thanks for the real reply. So basically, a non-issue is made an issue by Yankees haters. Something that happens all the time in baseball is a big deal because it's Derek Jeter. My day is exactly the same as before I learned of this. lol
ESPN is equal parts Yankees and Red Sox strokers...they can't seem to get enough of it. It's as if the WNBA Finals never even occurred...all Jeter, all the time.

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
sportscardtheory said:
200lbhockeyplayer said:

You hit the nail on the head.... or maybe the bat on the knob...?

HPC

Aug 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
In other ESPN related news, why wont they take ESPNews back to the old format style

Im not digging the "new" sportscenter/highlight express crap

sdsportsfan1214

Aug 14, 2008
San Diego
Who gives a crap!? Jeter is in a pennant race and wants to win the game, you do whatever you can to win the game. you people need to get over it. this crap is only a big deal because its Derek Jeter, ive seen many players fake this kinda play and its really not that big of a deal. I would have done the same thing if I were DJ, hes competitive and a winner

RL24

Dec 12, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
I can't believe people are still talking about it, I thought Joe Maddon put the issue to rest the day it happened....

While Maddon was fuming on the field, he later admitted he admired Jeter's trickery, continuing to shake his hand from the vibration of the ball hitting his bat.

"There's several thespians throughout baseball," Maddon said. "I thought Derek did a great job, and I applaud it, because I wish our guys would do the same thing."

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd ... p&c_id=mlb

Members online

Latest posts