Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Hardtimes... Hardtimes... what can i say.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hawkhawk

Aug 13, 2008
well today my dad got called into work on his day off, and they told him that they would no longer need him as there getting rid of his job. after working there for 16 years. we already have problems keeping the house, and now where gonna lose it. and im gonna have to get a job and give up college. but its life! what else can i say. im going to end up selling all my cards one day so we have some extra cash, and everything else i dont need.

I know im not the only one with this problem but i can say it sucks.

But everything happens for a reason, as i hope it truns out good for us and other family's!

God Bless!

Hawkhawk

Aug 13, 2008
subpop77 said:
Sorry for that for you man :( Like you said a lot of people are having hard times. Keep your head up and stay positive bud :|
thanks i will,

blanning71

Super Moderator
Aug 8, 2008
Eastern North Carolina
Hey man, I have been there before. And I am still fighting it. Just keep your head high and know that good times will come again. You have your health and your family. Sorry to hear about your dad's misfortune.

Fandruw25

Aug 25, 2008
People make sacrifices all the time, Does posting it on a message board make you feel better? Like you said it's life, deal with it.

Also, this should be in general chat....no?

erniesims50

Feb 10, 2009
Fandruw25 said:
People make sacrifices all the time, Does posting it on a message board make you feel better? Like you said it's life, deal with it.

wow dude take it easy on the kid, no need to be the fcb ****** of the day ::facepalm::

Sorry to hear about that man but things will get better

carrsallstars

Sep 16, 2009
It has been a rough go for a lot of us. I lost my job at the end of the year last year but I am very thankful to have landed another one and I am now in a better place for it. I also got to spend time at home with my young son...and that has been a great thing for our family. Those were all things I couldn't see coming at the time it happened...

Fandruw25 said:

Wow, maybe getting to 61% of Andruw's HR ticket stubs will make you feel better enough about yourself to behave with some manners. Good luck with that.

rico08

Aug 7, 2008
Los Angeles
Life takes priority and you can always buy the cards back later. Also, you can do things in your free time to educate yourself without registering for school. Read a book, take up a new hobby, or exercise. May cardboard and a spelling class be in your future.

Fandruw25

Aug 25, 2008
carrsallstars said:
It has been a rough go for a lot of us. I lost my job at the end of the year last year but I am very thankful to have landed another one and I am now in a better place for it. I also got to spend time at home with my young son...and that has been a great thing for our family. Those were all things I couldn't see coming at the time it happened...

Fandruw25 said:

Wow, maybe getting to 61% of Andruw's HR ticket stubs will make you feel better enough about yourself to behave with some manners. Good luck with that.

Just curious, when you lost your job, or found a new one did you post looking for sympathy? I know I didn't and don't recall you doing it either. Oh, and I'm actually up around 64% of stubs, just thought I would point out the obvious rather than a fake sympathetic message to the OP.

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
I would think long about giving up school, you only get one shot at an education and that
will effect the rest of your life. Good luck with everything!

Kevin

zach

Aug 7, 2008
Evil Empire
Sorry to hear it. Hopefully, your dad can find a new job soon.

I truly believe that which doesn't kill you only makes you stronger.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
[sarcasm]
It's apparently a historical fact that no companies had layoffs before Obama took office. In fact, everything was fine and dandy until he took office. He waltzed right into an ideal situation with a stable economy booming and a fiscal responsibility history for years.

[serious]
That said, sorry to hear the news for the OP and for those bagging on him for this post...the kid is 16 and being asked to help support the family financially isn't something the majority of people here have/had to deal with.

jbone17

Sep 26, 2008
The Riverlands.
Fandruw25 said:

Troll. In all seriousness to the OP, I wish you the best my man. It is rough out there and I hope things will get better soon!

blanning71

Super Moderator
Aug 8, 2008
Eastern North Carolina
Fandruw25 said:
carrsallstars said:

Fandruw25 said:

Just curious, when you lost your job, or found a new one did you post looking for sympathy? I know I didn't and don't recall you doing it either. Oh, and I'm actually up around 64% of stubs, just thought I would point out the obvious rather than a fake sympathetic message to the OP.

I will ask you like I asked someone else the other night................so whats it like living under the bridge? Damn son, give the OP a break. Sometimes people just need to vent and thats what he was doing. Its nice to get someone to say "its gonna be ok" when nobody else will. You stay classy though.

zach

Aug 7, 2008
Evil Empire
Fandruw25 said:

By him posting it, what effect does it have on your life? Maybe it does help him feel better...so what?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts