Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

super cool read, enjoy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Ouch, my head hurts.

And I'm always wary of defensive "stats" that don't measure alot of the intangible variables that don't translate onto paper.

Dice-K Collector

Mar 21, 2010
Just a bunch of freaking hating on the yankees, worst read ever. If MOs Cutter sucks so much, why is his ERA so low???

SamHell

Jun 12, 2010
Texas
techboy42004 said:
Just a bunch of freaking hating on the yankees, worst read ever. If MOs Cutter sucks so much, why is his ERA so low???
How could it be the worst read ever when you didn't read it? It said Mo's cutter was still great, just not the most efficient one in baseball this year.

Dice-K Collector

Mar 21, 2010
SamHell said:
techboy42004 said:
How could it be the worst read ever when you didn't read it? It said Mo's cutter was still great, just not the most efficient one in baseball this year.

Umm it said it was the second worst, alright maybe not the worst.... but the first 4 things we yankee hatred, how is Teixeira not deserving of a Gold Glove?

SamHell

Jun 12, 2010
Texas
techboy42004 said:
SamHell said:
techboy42004 said:

Umm it said it was the second worst, alright maybe not the worst.... but the first 4 things we yankee hatred, how is Teixeira not deserving of a Gold Glove?

No it said Scott Feldman's(Texas Rangers) cutter went from best to the second worst.

xcantgobackx

Aug 20, 2008
Jersey Shore
SamHell said:
techboy42004 said:
SamHell said:
techboy42004 said:

No it said Scott Feldman's(Texas Rangers) cutter went from best to the second worst.

Yeah, not trying to be a jerk, techboy, but it definitely didn't say that.

"Rivera is back on top with 16.9 runs above average"

Thanks for the link, boomo! Nice read!

rymflaherty

Aug 7, 2008
gt2590 said:
Ouch, my head hurts.

And I'm always wary of defensive "stats" that don't measure alot of the intangible variables that don't translate onto paper.

I don't know. I think I used to be more skeptical too, but you realize the "intangibles" can be very subjective.
Not saying defensive ratings and stats should be taken as an absolute truth, but if every player is being evaluated within the same range/scale or whatever they want to use - it would seem to provide an objective comparison.

That stuff reminds me of going to the Sons of Sam Horn Red Sox message board. Nothing is opinion or the eye-test, it's like another language. There is a statistic and a graph/chart for everything.

Members online

Latest posts