Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

My 200 year old ceiling owns my cards

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lancemountain

Apr 11, 2009
Philadelphia
:benson:

Two weeks ago. What a mess

5006536514_be93c04166.jpg

5006556708_c3f3d053fb.jpg

That Red 1/1 Happ without even a penny sleeve came out unscathed. The 1960 Topps PSA slab below there was cracked. :lol:

5006542014_2fb26868e6.jpg

A case of Ginter that collated by team and various boxes that were being broken up. Hank Aaron bobble is safe and sound.

5006540300_bb4dc9aa52.jpg

All these are a stack of TTM that were stacked ready to be scanned :(

All in all, not too bad :lol: One slab and about 300 base ginter/high heritage destroyed. About 20 gu Ginters and one of my Utley Unique patches (rip my friend) are messed up but I can't complain.

One funny thing happened. As I was going through the Chicles (under that first pile) I discovered that one of big toploaders from Chicle is a Reggie Jackson signed artist proof /50 :cool:

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
Could your ceiling have been any less considerate? I mean seriously... :twisted:

Lancemountain

Apr 11, 2009
Philadelphia
gt2590 said:
Sorry to hear that T. Was is just the one spot or did it get worse?

Hope it's easy to fix.
I took half the ceiling out and fixed it. Not to bad actually.

Actually pretty lucky, had about 30 utley PC's that were in the "need to scan on deck" pile. Only one casulity

Lancemountain

Apr 11, 2009
Philadelphia
subpop77 said:
serving4theking said:
What's the story on your home? 200 year old homes have some cool history to them!
:? The story is it is an old 200 year old house that jacked up his cards :|

pretty much!

@ serving4theking, I live in a brownstone in Philadelphia. It was built in 1887 and me and my wife's house is on the second and third floor in the front of the building. It was originally a single home, and was converted into a co-op in the 70's. There are 5 units in the 5 story building. The front has two and the back two with one being the ground and half floors. I love living in an old building.....except for times like these :lol:

serving4theking

Aug 10, 2008
Lancemountain said:
subpop77 said:
serving4theking said:
What's the story on your home? 200 year old homes have some cool history to them!
:? The story is it is an old 200 year old house that jacked up his cards :|

pretty much!

@ serving4theking, I live in a brownstone in Philadelphia. It was built in 1887 and me and my wife's house is on the second and third floor in the front of the building. It was originally a single home, and was converted into a co-op in the 70's. There are 5 units in the 5 story building. The front has two and the back two with one being the ground and half floors. I love living in an old building.....except for times like these :lol:

Here in the Midwest, you have a little less of that unless it's a farmhouse. Even in Chicago, nothing is older than 1880's because of the fire.

Members online

No members online now.