Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The Philly Show - Sept. 24-26

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

schillingfan

Jul 9, 2010
York, PA
Is anyone else going to this?

http://www.phillyshow.org/

Autograph guests include Curt Schilling :mrgreen: , Darren Daulton, Joe Blanton, Ryan Madson, Ben Francisco, Andre Dawson (chashawk), Julius "Dr. J" Erving, Reggie Jackson, Placido Polanco, and more.

schillingfan

Jul 9, 2010
York, PA
BowmanChromeAddict said:
I'll probably go for a day. I go every time, pay the ridiculous entry fee, walk around for an hour and wonder why I bothered coming. It's become tradition. ::facepalm::

Which day? I'm going on Saturday for the Schilling signing. How much is the entry fee? I used to go to the shows when they were held at a different location (blanking on the name at the moment).

schillingfan

Jul 9, 2010
York, PA
chowell3fan said:
If any day Scott, I might drive down Sunday for Dawson.

Darn. Would be nice to meet up but we'll just miss each other I guess. What are you going to get signed by Dawson?

chowell3fan

Jan 27, 2010
Whaler Country
schillingfan said:
chowell3fan said:

Darn. Would be nice to meet up but we'll just miss each other I guess. What are you going to get signed by Dawson?

Probably my 'spos jersey. Course, that would require attic searching and box digging to find it..... :)

I am not a big fan of Ricky Bottalico at ALL, and would have to resist every urge to hit him, so chances are at best 50/50 that i make the drive :)

schillingfan

Jul 9, 2010
York, PA
chowell3fan said:
schillingfan said:
chowell3fan said:

Probably my 'spos jersey. Course, that would require attic searching and box digging to find it..... :)

I am not a big fan of Ricky Bottalico at ALL, and would have to resist every urge to hit him, so chances are at best 50/50 that i make the drive :)

:lol:

Why is that?

chowell3fan

Jan 27, 2010
Whaler Country
schillingfan said:
chowell3fan said:
schillingfan said:
chowell3fan said:

Why is that?

He was a Phillie! :)

schillingfan

Jul 9, 2010
York, PA
chowell3fan said:
schillingfan said:
chowell3fan said:
schillingfan said:
chowell3fan said:

Why is that?

He was a Phillie! :)

You do realize that the theme of this show is the 1993 Phillies, right? :mrgreen:

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
How come they didn't get Kruk? You can't call it 93 without him!

Daulton is into some wierd shi*, get him talking.

I wonder if Phillies cards will be hot there?

KEvin

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
schillingfan said:
BowmanChromeAddict said:
I used to go to the shows when they were held at a different location (blanking on the name at the moment).

They used to have it at the Fort Washington Expo Center. But they had crappy free autographs with an 8 mile long line. Now it's run by Hunt Auctions so they get better autos, just a little pricey. For example, they had Mays there last year, but I heard it was VERY pricey (around $300, I think) and very weird too.

But generally all the dealers are vintage and way over-priced, hence Jim's regretting going.

Sportsnutcards

May 4, 2009
Belmar, NJ
I will be set up. The show is still mostly vintage but there are about 30-35 modern card tables with a lot of good stuff. I guess it all depends on what you are looking for.

schillingfan

Jul 9, 2010
York, PA
gt2590 said:
schillingfan said:
BowmanChromeAddict said:
I used to go to the shows when they were held at a different location (blanking on the name at the moment).

They used to have it at the Fort Washington Expo Center. But they had crappy free autographs with an 8 mile long line. Now it's run by Hunt Auctions so they get better autos, just a little pricey. For example, they had Mays there last year, but I heard it was VERY pricey (around $300, I think) and very weird too.

But generally all the dealers are vintage and way over-priced, hence Jim's regretting going.

Ah yes. That's where it was. They had a lot of good free autograph guests when I went there. I got Tommy John, Vida Blue, Fergie Jenkins, Bill Buckner, and some others.

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
schillingfan said:
Jeff - :lol: He is totally insane but I loved watching him play.

I was a huge fan. Still have a huge collection of "the big three" - Kruk, Daulton, and Dykstra.

I have a picture of me, Dutch, and my son when he was about a year old (8 + years ago) at Bright House Networks' field, auto'ed by Dutch.... somewhere...

Latest posts