Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Triple A Championship Game today!! Tacoma vs Columbus

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
From the Rainiers FB page!

Tacoma Rainiers It's Triple-A Championship Day! The game will be at 5:05 Pacific time with Columbus acting as the “home” team. The game will be televised live on the Versus Network. We will simulcast on South Sound Sports 850 AM and, of course, on www.tacomarainiers.com. Tacoma is going to start LHP Ryan Feierabend against Columbus LHP David Huff.

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
Should I wear this for good luck? It's Feierabend's GU jersey that I had him sign at one of the last games he pitched..

Feierabend.jpg

VizquelCollector.com

Jul 31, 2009
The stadium looks to be about 30% capacity. What the hell is the point of having it somewhere that they obviously don't care? If it was in Columbus, I don't care who was playing. I'd be thrilled it was in my town and would be there.

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
VizquelCollector said:
The stadium looks to be about 30% capacity. What the hell is the point of having it somewhere that they obviously don't care? If it was in Columbus, I don't care who was playing. I'd be thrilled it was in my town and would be there.

Tacoma has played all their playoff games on the road this year as they started to take down Cheney Stadium the day after regular season ended..

VizquelCollector.com

Jul 31, 2009
Pinbreaker said:
VizquelCollector said:

Tacoma has played all their playoff games on the road this year as they started to take down Cheney Stadium the day after regular season ended..

Sorry, I don't understand. They're playing in Oklahoma City. Why aren't people there?

Dice-K Collector

Mar 21, 2010
VizquelCollector said:
Pinbreaker said:
VizquelCollector said:

Sorry, I don't understand. They're playing in Oklahoma City. Why aren't people there?

Exactly, I thought Oklahoma City was the next big city??

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
VizquelCollector said:
The stadium looks to be about 30% capacity. What the hell is the point of having it somewhere that they obviously don't care?

Because Oklahoma City has hosted all the other Triple-A championship games since they brought it back? ::facepalm::

I suppose Oklahoma City pays more to host it than any other Triple-A city. I don't think it would make sense to host it at the site of the participating club with the better record because you would have to try to sell a ton of tickets in only about 2-3 days since you would know the participants on short notice.

I think I'm the only one not in Tacoma or Columbus to care about the game. ;)

Too bad it's on VERSUS. Only seen in a few homes (not on my Top120 DISH tier) and it's not even being streamed on MiLB.TV (probably not in their DIRECTV tier, either! :lol: )

Listening to it on the internet from a radio station actually carrying the radio broadcast.

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
rsmath said:
VizquelCollector said:
The stadium looks to be about 30% capacity. What the hell is the point of having it somewhere that they obviously don't care?

Because Oklahoma City has hosted all the other Triple-A championship games since they brought it back? ::facepalm::

I suppose Oklahoma City pays more to host it than any other Triple-A city. I don't think it would make sense to host it at the site of the participating club with the better record because you would have to try to sell a ton of tickets in only about 2-3 days since you would know the participants on short notice.

I think I'm the only one not in Tacoma or Columbus to care about the game. ;)

Too bad it's on VERSUS. Only seen in a few homes (not on my Top120 DISH tier) and it's not even being streamed on MiLB.TV (probably not in their DIRECTV tier, either! :lol: )

Listening to it on the internet from a radio station actually carrying the radio broadcast.

I know the Rainiers were going to stream it on their website as well..

VizquelCollector.com

Jul 31, 2009
CONGRATS COLUMBUS!!!!!

It's amazing the Clippers played so well this season. They lost their entire core to the Indians and called up a lot of AA guys. What a fun season and they played their hearts out. So great!!!!!

Members online

Latest posts