Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Ichiro 1 away from 200

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Krom

Jun 13, 2010
Long Island
Ichiro went 4 for 4 tonight making him 3 hits away from 200 for 10 years in a row. He has 12 games left to get there. He is on pace to hit 3,000 hits before he turns 40, and that is on top of his 1278 hits in Japan.

zach

Aug 7, 2008
Evil Empire
Re: Ichiro 4/4 Tonight 3 away from 200

One of the best technical players actively playing. Lots of respect for him.

Krom

Jun 13, 2010
Long Island

I love the fact you can tell for sure that he is clean and seems like he stays in amazing shape for any age. His quickness out of the box is amazing.

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont

Krom said:
I love the fact you can tell for sure that he is clean and seems like he stays in amazing shape for any age. His quickness out of the box is amazing.

How so?

Just Saying'

Krom

Jun 13, 2010
Long Island

For one he is not a bulky build. And most juicers drop in performance in their later career, as he already is much older than most of who he is playing with. I guess it could be just my opinion but i am open to hearing what anyone has to say.

VizquelCollector.com

Jul 31, 2009

Krom said:
For one he is not a bulky build. And most juicers drop in performance in their later career, as he already is much older than most of who he is playing with. I guess it could be just my opinion but i am open to hearing what anyone has to say.

Depending on which and how one is using a particular steroid, you don't necessarily get a "bulky build." I think many of the guys who were using were not primarily interested in bulking up, rather staying healthy for a 162-game grind.

Krom

Jun 13, 2010
Long Island

I agree, but alot did bulk up and not many of the juicers had a very long career - Mcgwire was like 38 when he retired.

darocker80

Aug 7, 2008
Lincecum Land

One of the greatest overall players of all time, period. So is pujols. What a legendary 2001 ROY Class.

Krom

Jun 13, 2010
Long Island

ThoseBackPages said:
Pedro was a thin juicer

who cares?

But his performance went down the drain in his older years. I am a Pedro fan though. It was sad to see his career go down the drain. If it was from roids or not. It will be interesting to see if Arod can keep performing in the next few years.

cfind

Jun 10, 2010

Japanese culture is based on respect and honor. To be caught juicing or using any kind of illegal PED would be life altering, especially for someone who's in such a big spotlight. I'm not saying it's impossible that he's using or would use, but engaging in such conduct would destroy his career, reputation and family name to a frighteningly elevated degree.

Krom

Jun 13, 2010
Long Island

cfind said:
Japanese culture is based on respect and honor. To be caught juicing or using any kind of illegal PED would be life altering, especially for someone who's in such a big spotlight. I'm not saying it's impossible that he's using or would use, but engaging in such conduct would destroy his career, reputation and family name to a frighteningly elevated degree.

This is one of the reasons i was thinking but could not put down as well as you did. I would not have spent the most amount of $ on one card on him had i thought there was any chance he was a juicer.

BujGqwBWkKGrHqUOKkEEvPH3fsPzBMBspkL.jpg

Pulled 2 Ichiro autos and one sold for more that this so i was thrilled to invest into him. Its a Bgs 8.5 .5 from 9 with a 9 auto. (edited to put Ichiro was not the only auto - it had Mcgwire, Sosa, Cal, Grif, Giambi ::facepalm:: )

Krom

Jun 13, 2010
Long Island
Ichiro is 1 for 2 in the bottom of the Third. He is now 1 away from 200 for his first 10 years in a row. But will be the only one in history to do it in succession.

Members online

Latest posts