Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Someone may have gotten a huge steal....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
if there's truly 5000 cards thats only a buck a card. keep an eye on the sellers feed back. i won the Aramis Ramirez lot for $48 shipped and still have not gotten an invoice from him. i asked twice now!!!!

miguelcabrera

Nov 20, 2008
YOU KNOW
nosterbor said:
if there's truly 5000 card thats a buck a card. keep an eye on the sellers feed back. i won the Aramis Ramirez lot for $48 shipped and still have not gotten an invoice from him. i asked twice now!!!!

why do you need an invoice?

clarkfan

Sep 15, 2009
If (and that's a BIG if) he's legit, a lot of buyers got themselves some good deals from that guy. He had a bunch of similar auctions with all kinds of supposedly great cards in the lots. I'm excited for everyone that did purchase a lot just to see if they got what they were supposed to get. Great deals!!

blazers091

Dec 7, 2008
too-good-to-be-true.jpg

If he really had a pujols chrome rc auto in there, you would think he'd at least have the time to scan such a high dollar card.

carlitoson

Aug 7, 2008
Codasco07 said:
I put the chances of the buyer getting these cards are about 10%.

http://cgi.ebay.com/5000-assorted-Alber ... 590wt_1139
You have more faith in the seller than I do. If those great cards are included, why wait until less than 2 days remaining in the auction to "add" them to the description? In fact, nowhere does the seller state that the winner will receive those particular cards listed.

If the seller really is legit, he did a terrible job of listing these auctions. Way too many red flags...

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
carlitoson said:
Codasco07 said:
I put the chances of the buyer getting these cards are about 10%.

http://cgi.ebay.com/5000-assorted-Alber ... 590wt_1139
You have more faith in the seller than I do. If those great cards are included, why wait until less than 2 days remaining in the auction to "add" them to the description? In fact, nowhere does the seller state that the winner will receive those particular cards listed.

If the seller really is legit, he did a terrible job of listing these auctions. Way too many red flags...
he will get alot of returns then.

morgoth

Jul 2, 2010
Yeah I really can't believe that Pujols auction was real. I bet the guy tries to shut down his PP account once the money is trasnferred. Hope everyone paid with a credit card and not a bank account.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
I'd be willing to put money on that half, if not more, of those pujols cards are the minor league cards of his that you could pick 100 up for like $1.

cbrandtw

Sep 12, 2008
Daphne, AL
Along with the facts some of you have already stated, here are a couple I was entertained with.

He has sold 65,619 Ken griffey Jr. cards and 40,004 Gary Sheffield cards. Griffey maybe! But why would anyone want 40K+ Sheffield cards?
You could have a 5000 card player lot for what equalled out to 1/500,000 of 1 cent per card for players like Tejada, Sexson, Dye, Sheffield, and Shawn Green.

clarkfan

Sep 15, 2009
Like I said in the original post, if he's shady, whose to say there is even 5000 total cards in the lot. He said they were in 5000 count boxes, not 5000 cards. Obviously, the picture doesn't match up, so he might just say that. I'm eagerly awaiting the first arrivals of these cards to the collectors. For the big spenders of the bunch, I really hope they get what they ordered.

Lifelongfan

Aug 7, 2008
I believe his account is frozen---I won a single card from him and tried to pay today and it said " this seller cannot receive paypal payment as of now" or something similar to that---Hmmm?

clarkfan

Sep 15, 2009
Lifelongfan said:
I believe his account is frozen---I won a single card from him and tried to pay today and it said " this seller cannot receive paypal payment as of now" or something similar to that---Hmmm?

That's definitely not a good sign. Hopefully, paypal is holding the funds, since he's obviously a seller that doesn't generally accept these type of payments. I know a lot of people have complained in the past when paypal holds their money, but its generally only from accounts that don't normally accept expensive payments. Paypal cracked down big time a few years ago when everyone and their sister was selling XBOX 360's and Wii's. Paypal was having so many chargebacks they started to hold the funds until the buyer actually got the product.

Latest posts