Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2011 MiLB #1 Prospect By Organization Sneak Peak

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

topprospectalert

Aug 7, 2008
As always, this year JP will be soon coming out with his organizational Top Prospect rankings. His 2011 edition is on the way, and he was so kind as to offer a preview of the #1 prospects for each organization (subject to change before his final product) which I just posted on our site at http://www.topprospectalert.com

Can't wait for the finished product!!!!

Huffamaniac

Oct 8, 2008
Re: 2011 MLB #1 Prospect By Organization Sneak Peak

With this years call ups, the Marlins system is not look that great with James as the projected #1 prospect.

topprospectalert

Aug 7, 2008

No kidding. Florida has one of the weakest systems out there. When you've got Chad James, Matt Dominguez, and Brad Hand as "name" prospects left in your organization, you are in trouble. Osvaldo Martinez had a nice year, but don't really see him as any kind of a breakout big league star.

GAbballplayer148

Aug 13, 2008

Huffamaniac said:
With this years call ups, the Marlins system is not look that great with James as the projected #1 prospect.

Just about to post the same thing, that's a pretty sad system. I do have a nomination for a different #1, though: Brad Hand.

I know what you're thinking, but don't laugh; if we are comparing Hand to James for the top spot, check this:

James: 19 years old, Low A: 5.12 ERA, 1.58 WHIP, 1.6:1 K/BB, 8.27 K/9 (6' 3" 185 lbs, Throw: L)
Hand: 20 years old, High A/AA: 3.31 ERA, 1.42 WHIP, 2.65:1 K/BB, 8.47 K/9 (6' 2" 185 lbs, Throw: L)

Jussayin'

justinmandawg

Aug 7, 2008
Kansas City

I gotta say that the Royals minor league system has never had the amount of quality arms as it does currently. Never.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL

Edited, for the stalkers.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008

justinmandawg said:
I gotta say that the Royals minor league system has never had the amount of quality arms as it does currently. Never.
You'll be pleased to know that I'll be celebrating my birthday on Saturday watching the Royals MiLB All-Star team practice in Cary NC. The weird thing is that they'll be wearing USA jerseys instead of Kansas City jerseys.

topprospectalert

Aug 7, 2008

Jaypers said:
Shouldn't the title of this thread say "Milb", not MLB?

Fixed. My eyes/brain is bugging out after reading and typing a couple hours worth of html code :)

Members online

Latest posts