Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Opinions Needed...Real or Fake signed All Star jersey? PICS!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cubsfan_2007

Sep 22, 2010
So i bought this jersey on eBay for $152.00 recently. After i received i saw all the signatures up close, and i think this might actually be real. I know it sold cheap and seems too good to be true, but could this be a case of it BEING true. Ive compared the autos to Authenticated ones online and they look similar. Theres a few that i couldnt tell who they were, but almost all of them i figured it out. I took a picture of every sig and labeled them with who's on the jersey. Please lmk your opinions on this as i want to send this to JSA. I used to get major league baseballs signed every year up until this year and the sigs look the same as my baseballs. I know some people on this board like to research real and fake items, so please any opinions will help. This is scan loaded btw...

Also funny thing, theres infield dirt remnants on the jersey as if its been signed on the field, making it seem more real. The autographs show no signs of breaks or no signed of anyone writing over them. I just cant see someone forging all 36 sigs successfully.

SHane085.jpg

Full View

SHane095.jpg

Adrian Beltre

SHane112.jpg
Alex rodriguez

SHane121.jpg
Andrew Bailey

SHane120.jpg
Andy Pettitte

SHane118.jpg
Carl Crawford

SHane096.jpg
CC Sabathia

SHane114.jpg

David Ortiz

SHane087.jpg

Derek Jeter

SHane098.jpg
Dustin Pedroia

SHane089.jpg
Elvis Andrus

SHane116.jpg
Evan Longoria

SHane117.jpg
Ian Kinsler

SHane101.jpg
Ichiro

SHane097.jpg
Jered Weaver

SHane104.jpg
Joakim Soria

SHane092.jpg
Joe Girardi

SHane091.jpg
Joe Mauer

SHane115.jpg
John Buck or Hamilton??

SHane108.jpg
Jon Lester

SHane094.jpg
Jose Bautista

SHane102.jpg
Jose Valverde

SHane093.jpg
Josh Hamilton or John Buck, i think this ones Hamilton tho

SHane103.jpg
Mariano rivera

SHane107.jpg
Matt Thornton

SHane113.jpg
Miguel Cabrera

SHane105.jpg
Nick Swisher

SHane123.jpg
Paul konerko

SHane111.jpg
Phil Hughes

SHane124.jpg
Rafael Soriano, says 39 and hes actually 29, but i compared it to another eBay signed baseball, Soriano also wrote 39 on that ball too.

SHane100.jpg
Torii Hunter

SHane122.jpg
Trevor Cahill

SHane119.jpg
Ty wiggington

SHane106.jpg
Vernon Wells

SHane099.jpg
Victor Martinez (side view)

SHane086.jpg
Vladimir Guerrero

SHane088.jpg

Mystery player1

SHane090.jpg

Mystery Player 2 (cliff Lee?)

SHane109.jpg

Mystery Player 3

SHane110.jpg
Mystery Player4

Gellman

Sep 2, 2008
The Mauer sig looks like the auto he used to sign a while ago before he switched to his current signature. May just be one of those things. However, that one was a red flag when I saw it.

Currently his sig looks more like this (slant and size of "J" is different, as well as where it is positioned next to the "M"): http://cgi.ebay.com/Joe-Mauer-Autograph ... 1c11b6c4da

csmtampa

Aug 25, 2009
Good luck getting it authenticated, I don't see it passing.

- The Jeter sig alone wouldn't pass.

- I haven't seen Rivera sign with that R in a VERY long time.

- I saw the NL AS jersey the guy was selling and the Pujols was horrible.

andyduke86

Nov 22, 2008
Mystery sig 1 is Carmona, #2 looks like Lee or a rushed Utley (don't know if he was even there)

The Crawford, Longoria, Hughes, Cahill, and Rivera signatures don't look quite right. Could be because of how the jersey was signed, being that it's not a very sturdy object to sign so there can be some variation. Especially, the Hughes, Crawford, and Longoria signatures though aren't very consistent with ones I've seen from them.

That being said, some of the others do look good IMO, like the Jeter and Vlad. I'm not an expert on Jeter signatures though. It's tough to say as a whole.

csmtampa

Aug 25, 2009
MartinFFcollector said:
matchpenalty said:
what is hologram on jock tag

AMI 0024

http://www.americanmemorabilia.com/Authentication.asp

I have never seen or heard of American Memorabilia giving out there own COA for any item in there auction. Most autographed items come with a COA from PSA/DNA, JSA, or 100% Authentic. I could be wrong if they recently started doing it, but I would like to see a scan of the COA.

goldenegg1

Aug 7, 2008
I think you got one phenomenal deal here.
I can't imagine that they would all look like their regualr signatures if they were signed on the field. I have a Cubs flag signed by 40 players and I got the signatures while guys were walking or in other places on the go, and they do no match up to other autos. I would definitely get it certified though, I think it is legit.

cubsfan_2007

Sep 22, 2010
The mauer looks legit to my signed baseball, crawford also looks like mine. Cahill is the least of my concerns, but it seems to match up with my triple threads auto relic. Crawford might have signed a full letter graph since its a nice piece like this. The Konerko is dead on to me. The signatures brought up in this thread by some of you in interesting because i would think that people would more think the arod, ichiro, jeters were all fake. I know one guy mentioned the Jeter.

The seller told me he knew Vlad and vlad helped him get this signed on the field. IF that story is true that would def. explain why river signed nicely and Crawford used a full letter graph. I mean its either all real or all fake, what is you opinons on say the konerko, beltre, andrus, and CC autos. They would be hard to forge and if they were forged it would be obvious dont you think.

The pujols on the NL jersey looked like an IP auto ive gotten. But of course could still be fake. idk but i do agree that it will be hard to pass because ive heard its nearly impossible to get items like this authenticated, legit or not.

MartinFFcollector

Aug 7, 2008
CA.
csmtampa said:
MartinFFcollector said:
matchpenalty said:
what is hologram on jock tag

AMI 0024

http://www.americanmemorabilia.com/Authentication.asp

I have never seen or heard of American Memorabilia giving out there own COA for any item in there auction. Most autographed items come with a COA from PSA/DNA, JSA, or 100% Authentic. I could be wrong if they recently started doing it, but I would like to see a scan of the COA.

I am totally guessing the Jersey was AMI (Game issued) then later it was signed. I find many things odd about this jersey. One being the AMI sticker. So he bought a Game issued jersey from AMI before the A.S game then had it signed during the game. ? If he's friends with Vlad and family, couldn't he get one from him easier?

Authentication- Seller has a few high end auto items up for sale. All authenticated. Why not authenticate this one?

Did the seller mention anything about where he obtained the jersey?

Krom

Jun 13, 2010
Long Island
The Ichiro is good. The Mauer looks good also i have had a bunch of BC autos and a couple of Best autos and they all looked similar.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
I think anyone who says this is completely fake is out of their mind. I mean come on. Think about it, how can you possible fake 40 different autographs to look exactly like the actual autographs?

It's written on a piece of cloth...I'd be willing to bet if you wrote your name on a piece of cloth it'd come out a little different than writing on paper.

Too many people have unrealistically pessimistic mindsets when it comes to Real/Fake debates.

yankees23657

Aug 7, 2008
The main ones I question are Jeters, Riveras, and Hughes. Jeter always seems to stay consistent, even when rushed. The Hughes "P" looks off. And i have never seen a Swisher auto like that. I know his sig is horrible, but even balls signed for Steiner do not come out like that.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
boxbreaker44 said:
People are so negative on FCB.

That's what I'm saying. Look at the thing for cryin out loud. I'm not an autograph expert by any means but so many of those look so close to what we "know" the players' sigs look like. I just don't understand why this would be faked, or why anyone would think that it was.

ideal0024

Jan 22, 2009
Maplewood, MN
The Mauer compares well with his old sig, like pointed out earlier in this thread. He also hasn't put his number in his auto in a couple years now either.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts