Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Dellin Betances at White Plains show January

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jul 30, 2009
Heard today that he will be autographing at the January show for about $20 per.

Thats the first Yankee prospect to sign at the show in a long time

Crash Davis

Aug 19, 2008
011873 said:
Heard today that he will be autographing at the January show for about $20 per.

Thats the first Yankee prospect to sign at the show in a long time

$20 is quite steep for a signature.

NECpilgrims8

Aug 7, 2008
White Plains, NY
I'm sorry, but this is hilarious. $20 for a Yankees prospect, who has been often injured and his Bowman Chrome Auto RC costs less?

JP Sports Promotions must think we're all suckers here in the NY-area. He should be a free auto guest...plain and simple.

More stupidity for these shows, which is why they never get better or bigger.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
NECpilgrims8 said:
I'm sorry, but this is hilarious. $20 for a Yankees prospect, who has been often injured and his Bowman Chrome Auto RC costs less?

JP Sports Promotions must think we're all suckers here in the NY-area. He should be a free auto guest...plain and simple.

Yeah having a free auto guest is a good opportunity to grow the show but by charging so much for essentially a complete nobody, it's more of a turnoff than motivation to go.

Messier2

Aug 10, 2008
I got Betances at a Tri-Star show a few years ago. It was like $10 for any auto! I got a 8 x 10 and a ball signed. I think that would be a better price if they could not do a free one.

Like before, Yankee fans are stupid sometimes and I'm sure they will have no problems paying $20 for an auto of "local kid" that could make it big!

NECpilgrims8

Aug 7, 2008
White Plains, NY
Messier2 said:
I got Betances at a Tri-Star show a few years ago. It was like $10 for any auto! I got a 8 x 10 and a ball signed. I think that would be a better price if they could not do a free one.

Like before, Yankee fans are stupid sometimes and I'm sure they will have no problems paying $20 for an auto of "local kid" that could make it big!

You mean the same fans that listen to WFAN.... The station that thinks the minor leagues don't matter and prospects aren't worth talking about until they are in the majors?

Yea, I see how they'll pay $20. lol

Crash Davis

Aug 19, 2008
NECpilgrims8 said:

It's pretty sad, actually.

They've had much better guests sign for free in recent years than an oft-injured prospect who may never pitch a day in the majors for the Yankees.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
NECpilgrims8 said:
Messier2 said:

You mean the same fans that listen to WFAN.... The station that thinks the minor leagues don't matter and prospects aren't worth talking about until they are in the majors?

Few people should care about minor leaguers as the vast majority don't amount to anything, let alone dedicating more than a few minutes to any minor leaguer.

95% of baseball fans couldn't name a single MiLB team affiliated with their favorite club...so if I was a station manager...I'd be blowing off the minors as well.

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
200lbhockeyplayer said:
NECpilgrims8 said:
Messier2 said:

Few people should care about minor leaguers as the vast majority don't amount to anything, let alone dedicating more than a few minutes to any minor leaguer.

95% of baseball fans couldn't name a single MiLB team affiliated with their favorite club...so if I was a station manager...I'd be blowing off the minors as well.

That makes sense Mike. But i find it hilarious to listen to the hosts TRY to talk about prospects, cracks me the f up! lol

Messier2

Aug 10, 2008
ThoseBackPages said:
200lbhockeyplayer said:
NECpilgrims8 said:
Messier2 said:

That makes sense Mike. But i find it hilarious to listen to the hosts TRY to talk about prospects, cracks me the f up! lol

Haha! I remember one host was talking about bringing up F-Mart to see how he can do and blah blah blah...yet at the time he was talking all about this, F-Mart was on the DL in the minors... :benson:

I was screaming at the radio saying what an idiot he is!

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
Messier2 said:
ThoseBackPages said:
200lbhockeyplayer said:
NECpilgrims8 said:
Messier2 said:

Haha! I remember one host was talking about bringing up F-Mart to see how he can do and blah blah blah...yet at the time he was talking all about this, F-Mart was on the DL in the minors... :benson:

I was screaming at the radio saying what an idiot he is!

Sounds like Tony Paige lol

NECpilgrims8

Aug 7, 2008
White Plains, NY
200lbhockeyplayer said:
NECpilgrims8 said:
Messier2 said:

You can either follow the herd, or make your own path. Give people a reason to go look up a player in their team's organization and they will. Brush it off and poo-poo all over it, and they will follow suit.

Mike Francesa is the WORST at this. He has people call up and bring up names like Montero, and all he does is tell them he doesn't care how good he is or who he is. All that matters to him is the major league club and the farm system doesn't matter.

Yet, one of the most important factors to the success of any MLB organization is..... the farm system!

Members online