Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Bautista just hit #50

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

olerud363

Jun 14, 2010
Ontario, Canada
Congrats Jose!

Also... dang it! I was going to take my 10-month-old son to the game as a father-son outing. Guess I should have sprung for the ticket and made the trip downtown! ::facepalm::

- R.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
Realistically though, this is his Brady Anderson year.

This is just like the McGwire Sosa chase. Everyone is sitting here amazed, yet nobody is going to say what everyone is thinking, then years down the line when it's revealed, we'll all act surpised.

This IMAMORON on something, and we all know it. He's not this good, and we all know it. And he'll get busted eventually, then everyone will act all surprised like they didn't know what was going on at the time.

Been here, done this.

Edit:

If someone's going to edit my post, they could at least make it clever.

Anthony K.

Aug 7, 2008
Enterprise, Alabama
Sam Banks said:
JoshHamilton said:
Sam you are a *******

Well, that's the pot calling the kettle black now isn't it? Because you're the biggest tool on the entire internet.

Holy ****, pot's calling kettle's black and kettle's calling pot's black? The internetz are going CRAZY@!@!@!@!

Anyways, assuming he is on something is the EASY thing to do but, this is a guy who hit 8 home runs in 96 September at bats last year.

Extend that out to a 550 at bat season and you have about 44 home runs or so.

What led to the "sudden" power? A change in his swing (he was starting his swing late, flailing at pitches because he didn't have enough time to gauge the pitch and now he starts his swing when the pitcher starts his motion thus giving himself more time to gauge the pitch) and the opportunity to play regularly mixed with the raw power he's always possessed, are the primary culprits. Probably with a little luck mixed in. I don't know his line drive rates, so I can't tell you if he has been lucky in that department or not.

jbone17

Sep 26, 2008
The Riverlands.
Bautista is having his moment in the sUn. I will bet he will not sniff 30 HR's next year. This has Brady Anderson and B.J. Surhoff written all over it.

Hallsgator

Aug 7, 2008
Charleston, SC
Not to mention he never swings on anything on the outter half of the plate. So anything on the inner half gets turned on and usually mashed over the wall. Gotta love Citoball!

masonphillip

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
jbone17 said:
Bautista is having his moment in the son. I will bet he will not sniff 30 HR's next year. This has Brady Anderson and B.J. Surhoff written all over it.

Grammatical errors are usually easy to glance past but this was a good one!

jbone17

Sep 26, 2008
The Riverlands.
masonphillip said:
jbone17 said:
Bautista is having his moment in the son. I will bet he will not sniff 30 HR's next year. This has Brady Anderson and B.J. Surhoff written all over it.

Grammatical errors are usually easy to glance past but this was a good one!

:lol: Yeah, it has been a long day lol. Up since 5:30 A.M. ET and 11 hours of college will do that to you. :lol:

Members online

Latest posts