Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2007 Topps Sterling Juan Marichal Letter Set COMPLETE!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mrwhitesox30

Oct 7, 2008
I recently purchased the I and traded for the R to finally complete the 2007 Topps Sterling Juan Marichal Letterman set. I would have liked to complete the Minoso, but I managed to win more Marichals so I just went with it. I also have an extra C and an S, so they probably also cut up "San Francisco" from the front of the jersey. As far as I know, this is the longest letterman set that has been completed from any set. I also completed the Carlos Lee set within a month of 2007 Sterling coming out, but that's not too hard and there isn't as much competition for his letters.

The last two letters appeared on Ebay last week, but one of them was ended early so I had to contact the seller to get the email of the buyer to make a trade with him. After winning the I, I decided that it was OK to overtrade to get the last letter. I traded a 2007 Topps Sterling Ted Williams Patch/Jersey/Jersey/Bat/Bat 1/1 and a 2007 Topps Sterling Dwight Gooden Letter 1/1 for the last Marichal letter (R) and $100 cash.

JuanMarichal2007ToppsSterling1.jpgJuanMarichal2007ToppsSterling2.jpg
JuanMarichal2007ToppsSterling3.jpgJuanMarichal2007ToppsSterling4.jpg
JuanMarichal2007ToppsSterling5.jpgJuanMarichal2007ToppsSterling6.jpg
JuanMarichal2007ToppsSterling7.jpgJuanMarichal2007ToppsSterling8.jpg

mrwhitesox30

Oct 7, 2008
IndyMann said:
That's freaking awesome. Any idea what you paid total??

Thanks for all the comments. I paid an average of $235.80 for the 10 letters, so the 8-card set cost me about $1886.

wolfmanalfredo

Aug 7, 2008
Minnesota
Thats awesome! Wow. Wouldn't it be a game worn letterman set as apposed to game used? Just a thought. Sounds nicer to me personally

mrwhitesox30

Oct 7, 2008
wolfmanalfredo said:
Thats awesome! Wow. Wouldn't it be a game worn letterman set as apposed to game used? Just a thought. Sounds nicer to me personally

Good catch and I will change my sig.

johnny rook

Aug 10, 2008
CA
:shock:

Man o man, that's simply amazing. I probably shouldn't be too shocked because you have some of the nicest patch cards around in your collection.

Members online

Latest posts