Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Pujols with #41!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KOBEARODLT

Sep 29, 2008
nice hes making a late run for nl mvp...i personally would take his numbers over cargo and votto

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
Seems that Pujols and Holliday haven't quit, unlike a lot of the rest of the team.

Hopefully Wainwright can get number 20 in his next start and get his Cy Young.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
Voters love MVPs who get their team into the post-season, unless the statistics are so lopsided from candidate #1 to #2.

However, considering Votto and Gonzalez could split the #1 votes, Pujols could scoop the #2s and maybe a couple #1 and #3...Pujols could possibly win with the fewest #1 votes out of the three.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
200lbhockeyplayer said:
Voters love MVPs who get their team into the post-season, unless the statistics are so lopsided from candidate #1 to #2.

However, considering Votto and Gonzalez could split the #1 votes, Pujols could scoop the #2s and maybe a couple #1 and #3...Pujols could possibly win with the fewest #1 votes out of the three.
Lincecum did the same thing last year.

Wainwright had the most number one votes out of everyone and still finished, what, 3rd?

leatherman

Aug 7, 2008
The Atlanta suburbs
"I see it this way: Someone who doesn't take his team to the playoffs doesn't deserve to win the MVP." - Albert Pujols in 2006, after finishing 2nd to Ryan Howard in the MVP voting. The Phillies missed the playoffs in 2006.

As a reminder, Pujols then won the MVP in 2008 while the Cardinals finished 4th in their division. Ryan Howard led the majors in HRs and RBIs in 2008, while playing in all 162 games and leading the Phillies to a World Series title.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
leatherman said:
"I see it this way: Someone who doesn't take his team to the playoffs doesn't deserve to win the MVP." - Albert Pujols in 2006, after finishing 2nd to Ryan Howard in the MVP voting. The Phillies missed the playoffs in 2006.

As a reminder, Pujols then won the MVP in 2008 while the Cardinals finished 4th in their division. Ryan Howard led the majors in HRs and RBIs in 2008, while playing in all 162 games and leading the Phillies to a World Series title.

Paybacks a bitch.

But I agree with his original sentiment. If a player doesn't get his team to the playoffs, they shouldn't win the MVP.

But they also shouldn't give it back if it's handed to them, lol.

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
Is cardinal fan really excited about the prospect of Pujols pulling out another MVP award
this season? I guess he can drink beer from it watching other teams play ball in October!

Kevin

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
schmidtfan20 said:
Is cardinal fan really excited about the prospect of Pujols pulling out another MVP award
this season? I guess he can drink beer from it watching other teams play ball in October!

Kevin

Dude, are you ALWAYS an *******, or just to Cardinals fans? :D :D :lol: :lol:

Hell, we might as well be excited about the possibility of a Cy Young and MVP on the team this year. With this tank job, there's no other reason to be excited.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
No offense same but Waingwright is not winning the Cy Young this year either. He blew it big time with about 3 or 4 subpar performances this past 2 months.

I do believe Halladay gets it but Ubaldo could pull it out as well.

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
I just don't get some fans, your team was stacked and shut it down late in the season
but you are hoping your guys get a few awards? Pujols had a chance to get the cards
into the playoffs, but didn't do squat. Is hitting a few homers after the cards were
eliminated going to ease that pain?

Like Albert said, you shouldn't even sniff the MVP if you didn't help your team get into the
playoffs!

soccerman034

Aug 12, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
leatherman said:

As a statistician you know that Albert Pujol's urine is more valuable than Ryan Howard.

Codasco07

Aug 7, 2008
DC/StL
leatherman said:

I know you know your stats better than that. Pujols had an OPS+ of 190. Howard was 124.

leatherman

Aug 7, 2008
The Atlanta suburbs
Codasco07 said:
leatherman said:

I know you know your stats better than that. Pujols had an OPS+ of 190. Howard was 124.

Someone who doesn't take his team to the playoffs doesn't deserve to win the MVP.

Those are Albert Pujols' words, not mine. On August 29, 2008, the Phillies lost their 3rd in a row, falling 2 games behind first place with a 73-62 record. They went 19-8 the rest of the way, winning the division by 3 games and charging them for their postseason run. In those 27 games, Howard batted .367 with 12 HRs and 34 RBIs, to go along with a 1.286 OPS. During that same period, the Cardinals fell as many as 15.5 games back. To me, and to Albert Pujols, Ryan Howard was more deserving of the 2008 NL MVP award than Pujols.

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
I never said Albert wasn't great, he is and he will be in the Hall someday, well more
deserving than many who are already in, but the guy went into hiding when his ball
club needed him most. Padding your stats against the Pirates in May doesn't impress
me, beating the Reds in August and September would of, but Albert couldn't get it done.

Sometimes I question if Albert cares about the Cards, or only himself, at least I know
that Howard is all about Philly, not only the ball club but the fans and the town. To
me that is an MVP!

Kevin

dethomas07

Aug 7, 2008
Ashland, KY
Are you serious? Baseball is not nor has it ever been a game of one player. It takes a team to win. Albert has always been committed to the Cardinals, the city of St Louis, etc.

So, shut the hell up and get out of Ryan Howard's ass long enough to breathe. Please NEVER post in any thread that mentions anyone besides Howard. You, of everyone on this site, has made me HATE Ryan Howard above all other players. You are an utter dipshit.

David

Members online

Latest posts