Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Perk 1/1 mailday!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
my 3rd 1/1

No scans because internet is down at the house, so I am in my grandpa's basement for the day.

2005 Bowman Heritage BLACK plate 1/1

I don't think they used in production, because the image isn't reversed, but it was pack issued so I nabbed it.

Also included were:

-2005 Total K.West/G. Perk (Silver border)
-2005 Bowman
-2004 Just Rookies

Nice stuff!

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
TBTwinsFan said:
my 3rd 1/1

No scans because internet is down at the house, so I am in my grandpa's basement for the day.

I don't think they used in production, because the image isn't reversed, but it was pack issued so I nabbed it.

Also included were:

-2005 Bowman
-2004 Just Rookies

Nice stuff!
You sure it wasn't a Bowman Heritage chrome plate? ;)

EDIT: Did they have chrome parallels in that set? lol

RZimm11

Feb 4, 2009
scotty21690 said:
TBTwinsFan said:
my 3rd 1/1

Also included were:

-2005 Bowman
-2004 Just Rookies

Nice stuff!

That's probably it. The base plates are normally one way, and the Chrome ones are the other.

Nice cards either way. Congrats!

Edit: Just looked up on Beckett. There is no Chrome version for that year/set. But like I said, they have reversed for some sets, and not reversed for others, so I'm sure its fine.
I have my Chrome plates of Zimm and they are reversed, and I just sold a couple base plates of the same year and they weren't. Everything was consistent though (i.e. all chrome are reversed and all base weren't).

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
scotty21690 said:
TBTwinsFan said:
my 3rd 1/1

Also included were:

-2005 Bowman
-2004 Just Rookies

Nice stuff!

It just says Bowman Heritage. That's all I know lol. I got it for a good price though!

RZimm11

Feb 4, 2009
TBTwinsFan said:
scotty21690 said:
TBTwinsFan said:
my 3rd 1/1

Also included were:

-2005 Bowman
-2004 Just Rookies

Nice stuff!

It just says Bowman Heritage. That's all I know lol. I got it for a good price though!

Here's an explanation from a Beckett post about the same topic from MartinFFCollector:

"Basically all Chrome plates are reversed. Non Chrome = "normal".

Here's how I understand it.

The images that are "normal" have been that way since the early 60's (earliest Topps plate I've seen). The plates we use at work, ones used to make newspapers, Beckett magazine plates that are often offered for sale etc are all the "normal" way. The reversed ones are for Chrome.

The sheets were printed using an offset process - which means the ink (a primary color) is applied via the plate to a rubber roller - which now would be the "reverse" of the plate - and that is applied to the cardboard - and thus will look like the plate. That's how offset printing is done.Offset printing has the advantage of consistent high quality image production...Reversed Image/Chrome plates- That means that the plate came directly in contact with the sheet as opposed to offset where the image is transferred from the plate to a rubber pad and then to the sheet.4-colors are required for C (Cyan), M (Magenta), Y (Yellow), K (Black) printing. 1 plate is produced for each run a card makes through the press - 1x for each color.

In 1993 Flair had a 6 color printing process adding Orange and Green."

Members online