Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

need help with this pujols buyback auto bgs graded?????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ffgameman

Aug 7, 2008
Kentucky
Re: did i make a good purchase?????

ThoseBackPages said:
im pretty sure thats not real

The set in question is real (he does have an 05 BC /44 buyback in 2006 Originals).

Not certain if the card itself is or not though.

jacobbocce72

Aug 7, 2008
Austin, TX

Aren't these supposed to be in Bowmans Orginals sealed cases? I'm guessing the seller cracked the Orginals case and sent it to BGS...

I could be completely wrong on this... just a tad confused. I would say that if everything is on the up and up then it's a good buy.

rum151man

Mar 9, 2010
Nor Cal

why do you say that? beckett just grades fake cards now too? please give me any info because i will contact seller before i pay for it.

ffgameman

Aug 7, 2008
Kentucky

rum151man said:
why do you say that? beckett just grades fake cards now too? please give me any info because i will contact seller before i pay for it.

They will grade fake patches I believe.

And, good point to the poster about the Originals case (I forgot about that).

rum151man

Mar 9, 2010
Nor Cal

there is another graded one /44 bgs 9 with 10 auto for like $450.00 any info would really help

jacobbocce72

Aug 7, 2008
Austin, TX

rum151man said:
there is another graded one /44 bgs 9 with 10 auto for like $450.00 any info would really help

I would have stayed far away initially... one of the most faked sets out there (Bowman Orginals that is). This is new to see them in BGS cases, though.

Not saying this isn't Pujols' sig... but just seems a little fishy.

ffgameman

Aug 7, 2008
Kentucky

Edit your title with something about Bowman Originals help....might get more attention (and more knowledgeable collectors) in here to help.

mlbfan10

Feb 1, 2010
Winston-Salem, NC

Even though we don't have proof, the seller could have sent the card in in the bowman originals case and they cracked it and slabbed. It looks good to me.

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA

According to this board, every BGS graded auto is fake, every BGS graded patch is fake.. come to think of it, everything is fake and it's all art.

If there is an Auto print run from Originals to /44 and this one is 19/44.. I have no reason to believe it's fake..

Nice buy..

rico08

Aug 7, 2008
Los Angeles

rum151man said:
seller has other high end autos, as well as another bowman buyback in sealed factory case
http://cgi.ebay.com/ALBERT-PUJOLS-2006- ... 5889b807b3

This above link isn't even close to Albert's real signature.

I'd do some further research before you pay for your card (despite the fact that BGS has graded it). Hopefully some other Originals collectors will hop on this thread.

Also, your card's actual signature might not be in question, but whether or not the card was actually produced by Topps and put in Bowman Originals packs needs to be figured out. If Topps made a Pujols auto /44 in Originals, nice pickup.

carlitoson

Aug 7, 2008

Your purchase matches up with Beckett's list (2005 Bowman Chrome), but that other card the seller has does not. The one #'d to 50 should be a 2002 Bowman, not 2003 (again, according to Beckett).

rum151man

Mar 9, 2010
Nor Cal

rico08 said:
rum151man said:
seller has other high end autos, as well as another bowman buyback in sealed factory case
http://cgi.ebay.com/ALBERT-PUJOLS-2006- ... 5889b807b3

This above link isn't even close to Albert's real signature.

I'd do some further research before you pay for your card (despite the fact that BGS has graded it). Hopefully some other Originals collectors will hop on this thread.

Also, your card's actual signature might not be in question, but whether or not the card was actually produced by Topps and put in Bowman Originals packs needs to be figured out. If Topps made a Pujols auto /44 in Originals, nice pickup.

there is a listing in beckett with a print run of /44 list at $250.00

KOBEARODLT

Sep 29, 2008

Pinbreaker said:
According to this board, every BGS graded auto is fake, every BGS graded patch is fake.. come to think of it, everything is fake and it's all art.

If there is an Auto print run from Originals to /44 and this one is 19/44.. I have no reason to believe it's fake..

Nice buy..

i have no clue if the card is fake......which is the problem with buyback's especially of pujols, no one knows if its real or fake, thats why it is better to just not buy one at all and get a non buyback.

Members online