Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Anybody know eBayer scottw3535 ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wittcap79

Aug 24, 2010
He's trying to shaft me out of the card I just won.

[ebay:1voqgu6r]150494631387[/ebay:1voqgu6r]

This is what he sent me today...

Dear capitolcardsmd,

hey, sorry to inform you with this info, but right after the auction was over, another buyer contacted me right away letting me know that they tried to bid with a higher price and it wasn't going through. I am going to sell the card to the other buyer for a higher price...thanks for your interest on the item

- scottw3535

My response...

Dear scottw3535,

The auction was over. I'm sorry, but that is not how business is supposed to be done. If he wanted to make a deal off ebay then he should have contacted you earlier and you should have pulled the card. Aside from being completely unethical, this is against eBay policy. Please send me an invoice so I can pay for the card otherwise I will have to file a claim.

- capitolcardsmd

I went ahead and paid for the card, still waiting for his response.
Something I thought of later as well, doesn't this violate contract laws?
Has anyone had any dealing with this guy in the past??

wittcap79

Aug 24, 2010
pigskincardboard said:
I do not believe you're obligated to sell your item

After the auction ends? How?

You bid on something at any auction house, win, and then the owner says he doesn't want to sell to you for that price? Don't see that one very often.

RL24

Dec 12, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
I think you got lucky... back in the day, before PayPal was so popular, I won an auction and mailed a money order to the seller. A couple weeks later I got my MO back with a note saying "I can't let this card go for so little."

clarkfan

Sep 15, 2009
He definitely is supposed to and obligated to sell it to you and IS against ebay policy, but I've had a seller do that to me. Ebay won't do much unless he does it repeatedly. You'll get your money back, but you won't get the card unless the seller wants to give it to you, which he obviously doesn't. Neg him and move on to the next seller, that's what I had to do.

wittcap79

Aug 24, 2010
Dear capitolcardsmd,

your item will ship out today...thanks for quick payment

- scottw3535

Let's see how he sends it...bent, scratched, ripped...

Russ S.

Aug 10, 2008
VA / DC / MD
wittcap79 said:
Dear capitolcardsmd,

your item will ship out today...thanks for quick payment

- scottw3535

Let's see how he sends it...bent, scratched, ripped...
Hope you enjoy a $400+ plus bubble mailer with air.
GL

A_Pharis

Actually, I'd be there waiting for it at the PO. I'd let the counter worker know that you are scared that you may be scammed. Ask if you can open it in front of him. If it's empty, let him know that you're refusing acceptance.

Russ S.

Aug 10, 2008
VA / DC / MD
A_Pharis said:
Actually, I'd be there waiting for it at the PO. I'd let the counter worker know that you have are scared that you may be scammed. Ask if you can open it in front of him. If it's empty, let him know that you're refusing acceptance.
Winner Winner.
Great idea!
Hope you do this!

wittcap79

Aug 24, 2010
A_Pharis said:
Actually, I'd be there waiting for it at the PO. I'd let the counter worker know that you have are scared that you may be scammed. Ask if you can open it in front of him. If it's empty, let him know that you're refusing acceptance.

Genius idea. We have a winner...even if it is delivered to my house the PO is only a mile away.

championMan

Apr 16, 2009
!B3CSM8Q!Wk~$(KGrHqQOKkIEyOD6OnQjBMks+7wWig~~_12.jpg

Honest opinion I think the seller will send u the card. The card is obviously not 9.5 the centering is close to be 8.5.
Seller has history of selling graded card so he know raw version sell better if the card grade is ok.

He sold same gold card before http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0491818498 for about the same price and that one was graded. So relax a little and enjoy your card when u get it.

voteEjordan

Jul 10, 2010
Washington DC
I think he was bluffing- if you had offered to match or not paid he may have gone through with it...but since you paid it isn't worth his time to deal with it.

Members online

Latest posts