Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Better prospect: Buchholz or Bowden?

Better overall pitcher?

• Clay Buchholz

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MallCopKJ

Aug 22, 2008
Both of these guys are considered top of the rotation potential pitchers and this year they should be battling each other for a rotation spot as soon as an injury pops up. For your money, who do you prefer? Not shortterm or longterm, not as an investment, just the better pitcher in the future in your eyes? I like Bowdens size, and mound presence but Buchholz has his moments where he looks brilliant. Kind of a tossup but maybe for one reason or another one stands out in your mind. Shout it out!!

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
Oh man...I am a huge fan of Buchholz and think he can be a solid future star but Bowden is a stud. Let me think about this one for a few :)

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
Bowden :D

I have been on him since 05 draft came out and i still want to pick up more before ST starts

Here is my current stash

05 BCDP BGS 9 x2
05 BCDP BGS 9.5 x2
05 BCDP x55 :)
05 BCDP Blue Ref BGS 9
05 BCDP Refractor
05 BDP White
05 Sterling Auto x2
05 Sterling Auto BGS 9

dchurg

Aug 11, 2008
Bowden does not have top of the rotation potential.

Best case Bowden - #2 on a good team

Adamsince1981

Aug 7, 2008
scotty21690 said:
Adamsince1981 said:
I voted Bowden because the Cardinals ARE going to trade for him!!
Yeah keep dreamin. :cool:

Sick sig by the way

All I can do is dream my friend, cause the Cards are doing nothing...

When we got Big Mac I was in HS and swimming late at night when the news broke, I ran screaming and jumped off of the life guard stand into the pool....

If we trade Troy Glaus and Bryan Anderson for Bownden I vow to do the same thing and it is mid-winter where I dwell...

Adamsince1981

Aug 7, 2008
scotty21690 said:
Adamsince1981 said:
I voted Bowden because the Cardinals ARE going to trade for him!!
Yeah keep dreamin. :cool:

Sick sig by the way

Thanks, I'm not letting people view the Tulo super for free any longer...they can pay to see it at the HOF in 25 years.

dchurg

Aug 11, 2008
LLWesMan said:
dchurg said:
Bowden does not have top of the rotation potential.

Best case Bowden - #2 on a good team

Is #2 not the top of the rotation? 1,2 top, 3 mid, 4-5 back end.
For some odd reason I was thinking #1 starter. :lol: either way Clay still has #1 potential where Bowden does not...

I agree with top end is 1,2 and possibly 3

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
I think Clay has a minor shot at #1 status but could also flame out. Bowden may only have #2 potential but seems to have a much better "worst case" scenario.

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
XdanX said:
Bowden, really underrated imo.

He could be the best or one of the best AAA pitchers this year. No need for him in Boston as of right now. He is probably starter #8. Beckett, Lester, Dice-K, Wakefield, Penny, Smoltz, Buchholz, Bowden

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
mredsox89 said:
XdanX said:

He could be the best or one of the best AAA pitchers this year. No need for him in Boston as of right now. He is probably starter #8. Beckett, Lester, Dice-K, Wakefield, Penny, Smoltz, Buchholz, Bowden
I can see him getting a few starts this year though.

Btw I voted Buchholz because I'm a big fan and have seen him pitch in person and he was nasty! Got the win, 7 IP, 7 K's...He's got great stuff. That doesn't mean that Bowden won't be sucessful...he will be good, very good.

XdanX

Aug 7, 2008
mredsox89 said:
XdanX said:

Indeed, I look foward to seeing him and Wade Davis durnig a full year of AAA.

Jays_Cards

Jan 1, 2009
Buchholz is the superior "prospect". Whether he becomes the better pitcher is debatable, due in large part to mental makeup, but Buchholz has the potential to be one of the best pitchers in the game eventually with his stuff.

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
Can you tell who I voted for.. ;)

buchholz.jpg

Members online

Latest posts