Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The Yankees are the worst team in baseball right now

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
I dont even have to look at the author on these threads anymore Matt, I just know its you. :lol:

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
Is every pitch Lester throws automatically a strike?

MLB trying to make things interesting?

Grrrrrrrrrrrrr

boomo

Sep 14, 2008
he is going to get a no hitter today.
yankees are out in the 1st round, if they even make the playoffs

blanning71

Super Moderator
Aug 8, 2008
Eastern North Carolina
They've fought a good fight. I just think the team is tired and the pitching is horrible. Doesn't surprise me. I kinda figured the team would run out of gas. Just didn't think it would be like this. Perhaps they can learn from this and get some young arms in there to try to win games next year.......oh wait, its the Yankees.....expect a mad dash for middle aged pitchers that will be pressed to perform like 21 year old phenoms. Oh well, twas a good run.

Dice-K Collector

Mar 21, 2010
um they are 29 over .500 and the Pirates are 47 under .500, so RIGHT NOW the Pirates are the worst, but thanks for the ffort.

coltsnsox07

Aug 19, 2008
I think the Yankees are doing what the Lakers did, just kinda phoning it in until the playoffs, I hate to say this but they'll crank it up in Game 1 ALDS with no problem.

blanning71

Super Moderator
Aug 8, 2008
Eastern North Carolina
techboy42004 said:
um they are 29 over .500 and the Pirates are 47 under .500, so RIGHT NOW the Pirates are the worst, but thanks for the ffort.

Doesnt matter how many over .500 you are, if you can't close the door and make the postseason, it was all for naught. Yankees need to get in. It wouldn't suprise me if they lose the lead in the wildcard.

james5348

Feb 2, 2009
it has been rough watching these last few games. i agree with blanning.. the team is tired. i knew picking up vazquez was such a stupid move. i remember him when he was first with the yanks and he sucked then

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
vwnut13 said:
Is every pitch Lester throws automatically a strike?

MLB trying to make things interesting?

Grrrrrrrrrrrrr
lol

Lester has the best command in baseball, he throws A LOT of strikes...

Dice-K Collector

Mar 21, 2010
blanning71 said:
techboy42004 said:

Doesnt matter how many over .500 you are, if you can't close the door and make the postseason, it was all for naught. Yankees need to get in. It wouldn't suprise me if they lose the lead in the wildcard.

But they aren't the worst team in baseball. And theyre making the playoffs :)

blanning71

Super Moderator
Aug 8, 2008
Eastern North Carolina
Vasquez, Burnett(HUGE HUGE HUGE BUST), and some of the middle relievers have been horrible this year. Joba sucks, plain and simple. Mitre and Marte have been sketchy when healthy. I don't know why Girardi has done some of the things he has, but oh well. Jeter has been flat, Arod has been anemic at the plate for stretches, Tex has been ok, and with Swisher, Gardner, Arod, and the rest of the gang missing games to injuries...well they're just worn out.

Dice-K Collector

Mar 21, 2010
blanning71 said:
Vasquez, Burnett(HUGE HUGE HUGE BUST), and some of the middle relievers have been horrible this year. Joba sucks, plain and simple. Mitre and Marte have been sketchy when healthy. I don't know why Girardi has done some of the things he has, but oh well. Jeter has been flat, Arod has been anemic at the plate for stretches, Tex has been ok, and with Swisher, Gardner, Arod, and the rest of the gang missing games to injuries...well they're just worn out.

Lol your right, but they still have one of the best records, and Arod is really hot lately. And Joba has been AMAZING the last month.

Members online