Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Most likely HOFers currently playing at each position

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gonzaleznut

Aug 9, 2010
Texas
Here are my votes:

C - Ivan Rodriguez
1B - Albert Pujols
2B - Chase Utley
3B - Alex Rodriguez
SS - Derek Jeter
OF - Ichiro
OF - Vladmir Guerrero
OF -
P - Roy Halladay

I am having a hard time coming up with a third outfielder. I know I am missing someone obvious. Give me your thoughts.

sheetskout

Administrator
Aug 10, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
DH - Jim Thome
OF - Andruw Jones

I'm absolutely serious about Andruw Jones. I'd give it to him right now. 400+ career home runs and counting, 1200+ RBI and an absolute GAGGLE of Gold Gloves in CF and would be known as one of the best defensive CF's in baseball at a tough position.

kdailey4315

Mar 4, 2009
sheetskout said:
DH - Jim Thome
OF - Andruw Jones

I'm absolutely serious about Andruw Jones. I'd give it to him right now. 400+ career home runs and counting, 1200+ RBI and an absolute GAGGLE of Gold Gloves in CF and would be known as one of the best defensive CF's in baseball at a tough position.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Seriously? There's questions about Edgar yet you think Thome gets in? Regardless of how many HR's Thome has Edgar >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Thome.

sdsportsfan1214

Aug 14, 2008
San Diego
kdailey4315 said:
sheetskout said:
DH - Jim Thome
OF - Andruw Jones

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Seriously? There's questions about Edgar yet you think Thome gets in? Regardless of how many HR's Thome has Edgar >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Thome.

Thome has a much better chance at HOF then Edgar in all honesty

Anthony K.

Aug 7, 2008
Enterprise, Alabama
sdsportsfan1214 said:
kdailey4315 said:
sheetskout said:
DH - Jim Thome
OF - Andruw Jones

I agree with this.

At least at some point in his career, Thome was considered one of the best players in the game.

Edgar was just considered the best DH of his time. No one ever argued he was one of the best players (at least I don't remember it; maybe in the Northwest).

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
Anthony K. said:
sdsportsfan1214 said:
kdailey4315 said:
sheetskout said:
DH - Jim Thome
OF - Andruw Jones

I agree with this.

At least at some point in his career, Thome was considered one of the best players in the game.

Edgar was just considered the best DH of his time. No one ever argued he was one of the best players (at least I don't remember it; maybe in the Northwest).
I also agree that Thome has a better chance than Martinez.

sdsportsfan1214

Aug 14, 2008
San Diego
Anthony K. said:
sdsportsfan1214 said:
kdailey4315 said:
sheetskout said:
DH - Jim Thome
OF - Andruw Jones

I agree with this.

Exactly and hard to argue that a guy with almost 600 HR's doesnt already have a plaque set for Cooperstown

SamHell

Jun 12, 2010
Texas
2B Cano. As great as Utley has been, he got off to a late start and I don't know if he will be able to put up enough counting stats. He's exiting his prime while Cano is still in his.
3B Chipper Jones. Seen an interview the other day and it sounds like he will try to come back. Probably will end career with 450+HR and over 2500 hits. Fair or not, he doesn't have the steroid issue surrounding him like AROD.

matchpenalty

Jan 12, 2009
North East
kdailey4315 said:
sheetskout said:
DH - Jim Thome
OF - Andruw Jones

Thome >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Edgar
not even that close. Thome will get in Edgar won't.

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
sdsportsfan1214 said:
Anthony K. said:
sdsportsfan1214 said:
kdailey4315 said:
sheetskout said:
DH - Jim Thome
OF - Andruw Jones

I agree with this.

Exactly and hard to argue that a guy with almost 600 HR's doesnt already have a plaque set for Cooperstown

Career WAR--Thome 70.10, Martinez 67.20
Career RBI--Thome 1624, Martinez 1261
Career HR--Thome 589, Martinez 309
Career BA--Thome .277, Martinez .311
Career OPS+--Thome 147, Martinez 147
Career WPA--Thome 48.83, Martinez 44.14

Thome has Martinez dominated in RBI, HR, slight leads in WAR and WPA. Martinez leads in BA.

sdsportsfan1214

Aug 14, 2008
San Diego
mredsox89 said:
sdsportsfan1214 said:
Anthony K. said:
sdsportsfan1214 said:
kdailey4315 said:
[quote="sheetskout":2v6qmud7]DH - Jim Thome
OF - Andruw Jones

I agree with this.

Thome has Martinez dominated in RBI, HR, slight leads in WAR and WPA. Martinez leads in BA.[/quote:2v6qmud7]

Martinez is no where close to HOF numbers besides the impressive AVG

kdailey4315

Mar 4, 2009
mredsox89 said:
sdsportsfan1214 said:
Anthony K. said:
sdsportsfan1214 said:
kdailey4315 said:
[quote="sheetskout":3jxol1lu]DH - Jim Thome
OF - Andruw Jones

I agree with this.

Thome has Martinez dominated in RBI, HR, slight leads in WAR and WPA. Martinez leads in BA.[/quote:3jxol1lu]

Edgar 16 years played
Thome 20 years and counting.

How exactly is WAR supposed to be a stat that measures DH's?

sdsportsfan1214

Aug 14, 2008
San Diego
kdailey4315 said:
mredsox89 said:
sdsportsfan1214 said:
Anthony K. said:
sdsportsfan1214 said:
[quote="kdailey4315":2t7c30nu][quote="sheetskout":2t7c30nu]DH - Jim Thome
OF - Andruw Jones

I agree with this.

Thome has Martinez dominated in RBI, HR, slight leads in WAR and WPA. Martinez leads in BA.[/quote:2t7c30nu]

Edgar 16 years played

How exactly is WAR supposed to be a stat that measures DH's?[/quote:2t7c30nu]

20 years and still hitting like he was in his mid 30's

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
kdailey4315 said:
mredsox89 said:
sdsportsfan1214 said:
Anthony K. said:
sdsportsfan1214 said:
[quote="kdailey4315":ues63dek][quote="sheetskout":ues63dek]DH - Jim Thome
OF - Andruw Jones

I agree with this.

Thome has Martinez dominated in RBI, HR, slight leads in WAR and WPA. Martinez leads in BA.[/quote:ues63dek]

Edgar 16 years played

How exactly is WAR supposed to be a stat that measures DH's?[/quote:ues63dek]

Then use offensive WAR--Thome 73.90, Martinez 66.90. Not sure if that is what you meant

kdailey4315

Mar 4, 2009
mredsox89 said:
kdailey4315 said:
mredsox89 said:
sdsportsfan1214 said:
Anthony K. said:
[quote="sdsportsfan1214":2v1jcawo][quote="kdailey4315":2v1jcawo][quote="sheetskout":2v1jcawo]DH - Jim Thome
OF - Andruw Jones

I agree with this.

Thome has Martinez dominated in RBI, HR, slight leads in WAR and WPA. Martinez leads in BA.[/quote:2v1jcawo]

Edgar 16 years played

How exactly is WAR supposed to be a stat that measures DH's?[/quote:2v1jcawo]

Then use offensive WAR--Thome 73.90, Martinez 66.90. Not sure if that is what you meant[/quote:2v1jcawo]

WAR is wins above replacement. How many DH's do teams carry to necessitate the replacement in that stat?

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
kdailey4315 said:
mredsox89 said:
kdailey4315 said:
mredsox89 said:
sdsportsfan1214 said:
[quote="Anthony K.":1o8bdfxv][quote="sdsportsfan1214":1o8bdfxv][quote="kdailey4315":1o8bdfxv][quote="sheetskout":1o8bdfxv]DH - Jim Thome
OF - Andruw Jones

I agree with this.

Thome has Martinez dominated in RBI, HR, slight leads in WAR and WPA. Martinez leads in BA.[/quote:1o8bdfxv]

Edgar 16 years played

How exactly is WAR supposed to be a stat that measures DH's?[/quote:1o8bdfxv]

Then use offensive WAR--Thome 73.90, Martinez 66.90. Not sure if that is what you meant[/quote:1o8bdfxv]

WAR is wins above replacement. How many DH's do teams carry to necessitate the replacement in that stat?[/quote:1o8bdfxv]

Its above an overall replacement player at the position having nothing to do with how many are on a team, so I would assume in the calculation it takes into account an average DH in the league in any specific year. The above numbers are the sum of each year, so each year it should be based on a different number as the replacement hitter

kdailey4315

Mar 4, 2009
mredsox89 said:
kdailey4315 said:
mredsox89 said:
kdailey4315 said:
mredsox89 said:
[quote="sdsportsfan1214":37oyjv74][quote="Anthony K.":37oyjv74][quote="sdsportsfan1214":37oyjv74][quote="kdailey4315":37oyjv74][quote="sheetskout":37oyjv74]DH - Jim Thome
OF - Andruw Jones

I agree with this.

Thome has Martinez dominated in RBI, HR, slight leads in WAR and WPA. Martinez leads in BA.[/quote:37oyjv74]

Edgar 16 years played

How exactly is WAR supposed to be a stat that measures DH's?[/quote:37oyjv74]

Then use offensive WAR--Thome 73.90, Martinez 66.90. Not sure if that is what you meant[/quote:37oyjv74]

WAR is wins above replacement. How many DH's do teams carry to necessitate the replacement in that stat?[/quote:37oyjv74]

Its above an overall replacement player at the position having nothing to do with how many are on a team, so I would assume in the calculation it takes into account an average DH in the league in any specific year. The above numbers are the sum of each year, so each year it should be based on a different number as the replacement hitter[/quote:37oyjv74]

That makes no sense then. How can you judge a player from another team as a replacement?

Members online

Latest posts