Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

How sad is that Topps can't make triple threads on card auto

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jeff152380

Feb 23, 2010
Vermont
I know they made the rcs on card!!! wow thanks.. but what about the nice triple autos..etc..this "high end product" would be beautiful with on card autos.. I love looking at the stuff everyone is pulling.. just upsets me i have no interest in any of it!

goldenegg1

Aug 7, 2008
After Heyward and Strasburg the rest of the on card auto guys are weak!
Also, what is with some of the swatches spelling out sabermetrics and other ridiculous things.

matchpenalty

Jan 12, 2009
North East
Logistics to get triple on card would be very tough and all handling card would have gone though. We would hear all the bitching about how dinged up card is.

It is nice they got some on card, people even still bitch about that. Everyone loves to bitch.

MiracleMatthew

Jan 15, 2010
Midland, TX
matchpenalty said:
Logistics to get triple on card would be very tough and all handling card would have gone though. We would hear all the bitching about how dinged up card is.

It is nice they got some on card, people even still bitch about that. Everyone loves to bitch.

I was going to say the same thing. Cards would be straight out of the pack in bad condition. Dinged corners, chipped edges etc. I personally would rather have a nice condition sticker auto, than a namged up on card myself

jeff152380

Feb 23, 2010
Vermont
Upper deck has had on double/triple/quad...etc on card autos for years without condition problems.... its Topps being cheap and not putting any money into their "high end products. Im complaining because I would be buying the end autos if they were on card... sticker autos are garbage to me..

erniesims50

Feb 10, 2009
goldenegg1 said:
After Heyward and Strasburg the rest of the on card auto guys are weak!
Also, what is with some of the swatches spelling out sabermetrics and other ridiculous things.
Yeah! ive noticed some pretty random words for these cards too

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
They design the card around the sticker, so it flows nicely. I'll take a quality design with a sticker implemented over a forced on card auto that blends in with the background or blotches like in some other products from various companies.

ffgameman

Aug 7, 2008
Kentucky
Card Magnet said:
They design the card around the sticker, so it flows nicely. I'll take a quality design with a sticker implemented over a forced on card auto that blends in with the background or blotches like in some other products from various companies.

Well put.

For example, I don't mind the stickers in 2010 Topps Tribute.

P_Manning 18

Aug 7, 2008
matchpenalty said:

Why couldnt Topps design and print these cards by May.... take the cards to the All-Star Game and have the players sign them during that 2 day period?

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
ffgameman said:
Card Magnet said:

Well put.

Ugh I personally think Tribute is the most boring card design of recent memory.

If they were to plan for on-card autos, don't you think they would be better than sticker autos? For example, leave the window the same size, but instead of a big shiny sticker, just leave a box a little lighter for the guy to sign.

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
please, look at all the collectors here opening it? Why would topps go to the trouble
in getting on card autos when you all will buy it as is?

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
ffgameman said:
Card Magnet said:

Well put.

+1 & there are plenty of bad/ugly on-card autos just like there are bad/ugly sticker autos.

RiceLynnEvans75

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
People that bitch about things that have zero clue about logistics or how things actually work outside of their little bubble world of sunshine and lollipops make me :lol:

Ty Hope

Aug 7, 2008
Personally, I don't care about the reality of how hard it is to get on-card autos, logistics, etc. As a paying customer, I want and expect quality. Especially for "high-end" products. I want cards that the player actually signed. For those who like stickers, great. I see them as cheap and lazy, and that will never change.

Take Topps Sterling for example. They were on-card the first year, and then went to stickers. Why? They were able to do it once and the cards looked great.

Its a shame people continue to buy the sticker crap. If sales went down, we might actually see some changes in the future. Topps or any other company does not care about the customer. They are just a business and will throw whatever crap they can our way for the lowest cost and highest price tag.

jeff152380

Feb 23, 2010
Vermont
my point exactly... I am not a customer and im stating why im not, I want QUALITY... I want a good high end baseball product to buy... i refuse to put money into sticker autos... Topps is all about making every cent they can.. All autos used to be on card, so it clearly can be done.. UD had no problem doing it for 2009 ultimate baseball... People who are new to the hobby or are only into baseball don't understand most of the time...

mburgin

Aug 11, 2008
Ty Hope said:
Personally, I don't care about the reality of how hard it is to get on-card autos, logistics, etc. As a paying customer, I want and expect quality. Especially for "high-end" products. I want cards that the player actually signed. For those who like stickers, great. I see them as cheap and lazy, and that will never change.

Take Topps Sterling for example. They were on-card the first year, and then went to stickers. Why? They were able to do it once and the cards looked great.

Its a shame people continue to buy the sticker crap. If sales went down, we might actually see some changes in the future. Topps or any other company does not care about the customer. They are just a business and will throw whatever crap they can our way for the lowest cost and highest price tag.

not agreeing nor disagreeing with you however that is the goal of any business is to make a profit on as little investment as possible. if a business did not, they wound't be in business long.

as long as poeple buy any product, a company will continue to make it while maximizing profit for as little "cost" as possible.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts