Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

They're not gonna make it......

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blanning71

Super Moderator
Aug 8, 2008
Eastern North Carolina
I'm a big Yankee fan but when it comes to them making the playoffs, they really appear to have run out of gas. Tired players, players with injuries, subpar performances.......I just think that their number is up. I don't foresee a win tonight and I really think Boston will sweep them in BeanTown. And in between, the Yanks play Toronto? Not good. I see Bautista breaking bad on the Yanks pitching staff and Toronto putting a whipping on them.

So with that said............how does New York fix the problems they have? Do they hold off on spending the bajillions of dollars that go with the huge free agent market and strengthen their minor league talent? Or do they continue to go out and spend the bajillions on older players that may or may not(Burnett, Vasquez, Brown,etc.etc..) pan out? Do you think a new manager will fix the problem? New GM? Lets hear your thoughts.

blanning71

Super Moderator
Aug 8, 2008
Eastern North Carolina
I still don't think they will win. And this team lives on the longball. They aren't scrappy like Philly or the Rox.....if it ain't flying into the night, they just aren't winning.

matchpenalty

Jan 12, 2009
North East
NEVER EVER COUNT THE YANKS OUT!!!! they have way to many battle tested war horses on that team. No one wants to play them come post season. Wine all you want how they are playing now in games that don't matter all that much. They will be ready when bright post season lights shine down on them. You can count on that.

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
Is that FOUR home runs in EIGHT atbats against the Sox this series?

Alex is laughing at those who said he wouldn't hit 30 HR.

Robertson, Wood, and Rivera, not a bad 7th, 8th, 9th combo.

I got a way to fix it. Sign Lee and Crawford. :lol:

KandKCards

Aug 8, 2008
Talk about a huge overreaction. They're up 5.5 games, 4.5 if they lose tonight, which they probably won't. But if they do lose, they're up 4.5 with 5 to play, meaning they pretty much have to lose out. Three of those games are against Toronto. They will easily win the wildcard.

....And I'm a Sox fan.

blanning71

Super Moderator
Aug 8, 2008
Eastern North Carolina
I didn't consider it a huge overreaction but rather how Boston has dominated New York as of late, the Jays aren't playing that bad with Bautista leading the way, and then the Yanks having to go play another three game set in Boston which could be a disaster for the Yanks. I just think that they're in trouble.

boomo

Sep 14, 2008
vwnut13 said:
redsox take the lead

LOL at this team.
some times i honestly think they lose on purpose.
not sure why, but to win those 1st 2 against TB then decide to
get smoked 5 straight is just absurd. only the yanks, only the yanks

miguelcabrera

Nov 20, 2008
YOU KNOW
KandKCards said:
Talk about a huge overreaction. They're up 5.5 games, 4.5 if they lose tonight, which they probably won't. But if they do lose, they're up 4.5 with 5 to play, meaning they pretty much have to lose out. Three of those games are against Toronto. They will easily win the wildcard.

....And I'm a Sox fan.

the red sox have to win out and the yanks have to lose one in toronto to force a playoff. possible? yes. going to happen? no

lets go rays!!!!! or rangers! or phils!

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
miguelcabrera said:
yanks will make the playoffs but wont make it to the world series

i hate the yankees so much especially posada. why does anyone like them

Can Montero be any worse than Posada catching?

beefycheddar

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
miguelcabrera said:
yanks will make the playoffs but wont make it to the world series

i hate the yankees so much especially posada. why does anyone like them

Why do you continue to just make Boston fans look like idiots? The Yankees are a very good thing, but the biggest thing tonight is the fact that other teams are going to run on Posada or Rivera like they did Tek and V Mart all last year in this years playoffs.

Regardless of the result of the season or anything, I think it got a little dusty in my house when Lowell knocked that run in. One of my all time favorite players, and thankful of his time here playing for the Red Sox.

Members online