Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Does anyone think the Braves still have a chance?

What are the chances?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ajbraves25

Aug 9, 2008
Springfield, IL
I just don't think they have enough left in the tank. The schedual was set up nice with Washington and they can't even get that done. With 3 more with Florida and 3 with Philly, I just don't see them winning enough games to get the wild card. The Padres have 4 with the Cubs and then 3 with the Giants. The Rockies have 3 with the Dodgers and 4 with the Cardinals. I think I like the Padres and Rockies chances way better than the Braves the rest of the way. Also with the Padres and Rockies having 1 extra game left that could play huge in the end. I really hoped the Braves couldve held on, but I just do see it happening. When Chipper went out, I was like, oh ****..here we go. Then they go a trade for Derrek Lee and I knew it was over. I so wanted Dunn or Fielder, but its not my money they are playing with down there.

Please oh Please let the baseball Gods look down and give the Braves a 6-0 end to the season. Only way they get in is that way I believe. Not gonna happen, but that is what it will take. 4-2 might do it, but 6-0 would make me feel better. Atleast that way they did everything they could do to get in.

There is always next year..

~AJ

fkw

May 28, 2010
Kea'au, HI
Its up to the Phillies.
Will the Phillies "Fight" or "Flop" the last 3?

While the Giants and Padres will be picking each other off the last 3 games, .... the Braves would have to sweep the Phillies the last 3 to have a chance IMO.

ajbraves25

Aug 9, 2008
Springfield, IL
cgilmo said:
I have all but given up

even if they some how get the wildcard, it will be an early exit

This team is out of steam.

Yeah I really wanted them to get in, but after looking at the the rest of the NL playing the Reds or Padres/Giants doesn't look to appealing in the 1st round. I dont think they would get swept, but it wouldnt be pretty. The starting pitching isnt lasting as long anymore, the clutch hits have gone dry and there seems to be a power outage in the ATL. I really think the absence of Chipper on the field has really hurt the Braves.

Hope I can just eat crow with my first post and they make it, but I am highly doubting it.

~AJ

ajbraves25

Aug 9, 2008
Springfield, IL
mlbfan10 said:
I haven't given up yet lol. I'm hoping something sparks them and they go on a tear from now to winning the world series. :)

I sure hope you are right. I haven't written them off yet either, just thinking logically. It just doesnt look good. If they lose tonight I believe we can start thinking next year. :?

~AJ

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States
Whatever happens this year, this team is going to continue to get better and better. This is probably a good experience for some of the players new to playing in September and come next year, they will be better equipped for the long run.

miguelcabrera

Nov 20, 2008
YOU KNOW
werent a lot of people saying they were the favorites to come out of the NL and into the world series not too long ago? they are tied for the wild card right now, i dont see how they arnt in the playoffs for sure

ajbraves25

Aug 9, 2008
Springfield, IL
phillyfan0417 said:
Whatever happens this year, this team is going to continue to get better and better. This is probably a good experience for some of the players new to playing in September and come next year, they will be better equipped for the long run.

Good experience for some of the players for sure, but there are a few holes to plug come next year. Like who will play 3rd, is Freeman ready to take 1st? I sure as hell don't want the Braves to re-sign Derrek Lee and I don't trust Glaus. If they can throw some money at Fielder or Dunn, I will feel alot better about the 1st base situation. I know alot of Brave fans will give me crap about that statement due to the fact that we have Freeman, but I would trust a proven player in this division a hell of a lot more than a rookies. Not putting Freeman down, just need a solid rock at 1st.

Now on to the coaching situation. Blah.. Not much out there that even looks appealing. Maybe we can lure Tony LaRussa away from the STL and he will bring Pujols. Now that would be awesome. I have heard that Pujols said he only wants to play for Tony and that would be a strong factor in trying to get him to ATL. Who knows is that was a true statement from Pujols, but I would certainly entertain that option.

Oh well with the Braves winning and the Padres and Rockies losing that is a step in the right direction for now. Lets just keep this thing rolling. 1 down, 5 to go.

~AJ

Members online

Latest posts