Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

player collector contest, my details

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bouwob

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
The first question....
Why Nolan Ryan????
I'm not sure why. I have been a texas fan my entire life and being born and raised in Pennsylvania, it makes little to no sense. My guess is that in 1966 Nolan ryan played about about 200 yards from where I lived 15 years prior to my birth. I lived in williamsport, home of bowman field and the home of little league baseball.

http://nolanryancardmuseum.com/
My site, with front and back scans of every card I have logged thus far.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bowman_Field_%28stadium%29

Here are my Nolan Ryan highlights for the player collector competition. I will be the first to say that my collection does not compare with many others on this site, but I have been working on it for at least 17 years. My collection consists of over 2100 different cards and close to 20,000 total cards. My main emphasis is the PSA master set (non psa of course) which consists of cards from 1967 - 1993. I have so far completed 1968,69,70,and 71. 1972 will cost close to $400 for the Venezuelan Topps Stamps. 1973 will be even more difficult if not impossible do to the comics issue. A set of 24 recently ended at robert edwards for $15,000. The Ryan is the most sought after in the set

http://bid.robertedwardauctions.com/bid ... emid=13884

Nolan ryan currently has more than 10,000 different cards. I am not a condition sensitive guy as I do not ever plan on selling the collection. I have written into my will, that if I ever die the cards and the web site will be donated to the nolan ryan foundation along with the web page for all to enjoy. If I get greedy and decide not to give my collection away when I die, I plan on rewriting my will to have myself buried with them. :?

Many of the cards you see below were gifts from members either on FCB or Beckett. I appreciate all of those members who have sent me great gifts on the board.

The pictures.

1968 OPC nolan ryan rookie card PSA 7
1968 Venezuela nolan ryan rookie card PSA Authentic (This is the rarest and most expensive card in my collection. I believe that it books $8000
Scan0.jpg

1968 OPC nolan ryan rookie card
Scan1.jpg

Top right
1968 milton bradley nolan ryan rookie card
Other 3
1968 Topps nolan ryan rookie cards
Scan0-1.jpg

1968 Topps nolan ryan rookie cards
Scan0-2.jpg

1973 topps candy lids. Rare test issue by topps which is very rare
2005 biography #19 (there are 90 of these and I have a LONG ways to go)
Sweet spot invisa sig. ::facepalm::
Scan0-3.jpg

My 3 most favorite non vintage cards
Scan0-4.jpg

My favorite non rookie, non candy lid card. The 81 coke cards are fairly common but very few say #1. Most say #9. It was a printers mistake and I have been all over them since 2000. 8 years later I finally landed on a gamble for $4 when the seller listed it as #1 but did not respond to my questions. Most 81 coke cards that come up I ask the seller for the card number and 100% of those that have responded have said #9. I would not move this card for any less then $1000.
Scan0-18.jpg

autos
Scan0-5.jpg
Scan0-6.jpg
Scan0-7.jpg
Scan0-8.jpg

GU
Scan0-9.jpg
Scan0-10.jpg
Scan0-11.jpg
Scan0-12.jpg
Scan0-13.jpg
Scan0-14.jpg
Scan0-15.jpg
Scan0-16.jpg
Scan0-17.jpg

unopened wax with ryan showing
1.jpg

My book shelf. The amazing mets box on the top shelf at the far right is very rare. It contains a 1969 transogram statue.
2.jpg

4 Ryan gold signed cards issued by Sports authority. Neat item, but likely not a lot of value. Came in a cool wooden case
3.jpg

My ryan doubles. Distinct cards that I have up to 40 of. Anything over 40 goes into the double, double boxes. I buy these at about $.05 per shipped to catch low end stuff that I do not have or to find very hard to find regional issues. If you want to move 1000, 1989 topps ryan cards or junk that is just sitting around send me a PM. (I do not except pacific ryan express cards)
5.jpg
6.jpg

My ryan double doubles. 5000 count boxes and every card in the boxes are nolan ryan. Not a single pacific card resides in these boxes.
4.jpg