Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Player Collector Contest Entry: Glen Perkins

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
I collect Glen Perkins.

I have a couple hundred cards. They come pretty easy for me, playing in Minnesota, his cards are everywhere. I have around 30 Autographs, and 3 1/1s.

The first card I got (or the one that started the collection) was a 2007 Topps Chrome, which I traded about 300 base cards for back when I was on the Topps Message Boards. A few weeks later, I decided to go after autographs only. Not to much after that, I started taking in everything that I could get my hands on.

Many people ask me "Why do I collect him?"

I have a few reasons...

1. This year, I went to my first three Gopher games, and became an instant fan. He is one of the only people to be born in MN, play for the Gophers, and be drafted by the Twins. Derek McCallum and Nate Hanson are the only other 2 that come to mind, but they don't have the amount that Perk has.

2. There is nobody else in the game. I am his lone collector.

3. His stuff is EXTREMELY cheap. I probably have only spent a couple hundred on my collection. That, and people have been very generous with sending me his stuff (thank you so much!)

One of my favorite Glen Perkins' pieces, is a program from the first ever game at Target Field, which was a Gopher Game, where they not only celebrated the new stadium but every player that played for the Gophers and Twins. His picture was on the inside.

I finally thought I arrived when I obtained his 2007 Bowman Red 1/1. I had only spent that much on one card once in my life, and it was one of his better cards.

I have never met him, or seen him play, or even seen him in person. I plan to fix this problem this upcomming Sunday, when I go to the last regular season game of the year. I would love to see him come in for an inning of relief or 2. If the Twins hold onto him, I plan on meeting him at TwinsFest next year.

Link to collection in sig, I have about 10 base cards not scanned, and the following cards:

2005 Topps Heritage BLACK plate 1/1
2005 Topps Total w/Kevin West silver border
2005 Bowman Chrome un-circulated refractor
2007 Bowman's Best autograph (I have one scanned, but not the other).
2009 Bowman Chrome Gold refractor/25

I wish I had everything scanned, but sadly I am missing a few of the above cards due to people moving my stuff around, and about 7 of the 10 base cards not scanned in.

Latest posts