Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Anyone know any card shops in the Tampa area??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

numba1yankeefan

Nov 29, 2008
Long Island
Since I am away at college I havent been doing anything with baseball cards in a while and really interested to see if there are any good card shops in the area I can drive to.

csmtampa

Aug 25, 2009
Game Time Sportscards is in Brandon right next to the AMC Regency 20. Owners name is Dan, tell him Mark sent you and hopefully he'll take care of you.

There was one off of 56th St right past Busch Blvd named RT Sports or something like that. I haven't been there since last year though so I don't know if it's still open or not.

numba1yankeefan

Nov 29, 2008
Long Island
csmtampa said:
Game Time Sportscards is in Brandon right next to the AMC Regency 20. Owners name is Dan, tell him Mark sent you and hopefully he'll take care of you.

There was one off of 56th St right past Busch Blvd named RT Sports or something like that. I haven't been there since last year though so I don't know if it's still open or not.

thanks man. Brandon is probably 30 min from where I am but will probably try to check it out.

numba1yankeefan

Nov 29, 2008
Long Island
Jeff N. said:
Supercards just moved from Hillsborough between Memorial and the Veterans to Hillsborough and Racetrack. It's the only store left. Good guys.

not too good with the area still. where/how far is it from UT?

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
numba1yankeefan said:
Jeff N. said:
Supercards just moved from Hillsborough between Memorial and the Veterans to Hillsborough and Racetrack. It's the only store left. Good guys.

not too good with the area still. where/how far is it from UT?

20-25 minutes.

Probably the easiest way to get there is to take 275 to 60 to Hillsborough, go West for a while past Sheldon/Memorial, all the way down to Racetrack Road. Going that way, it'll be in a huge shopping center next to a phillipino grocery store on the corner, on your left before the light ,catycorner (sp) from the big Flea Market.

JustinG08

Aug 9, 2008
Clearwater, FL
Jeff N. said:

Thats good to know since I live right down the road. Will have to check them out considering the other two shops in town are awful for various reasons.

How's the selection of wax / pricing Jeff?

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
JustinG08 said:
Jeff N. said:

Thats good to know since I live right down the road. Will have to check them out considering the other two shops in town are awful for various reasons.

Varies across the board. I've been buying from skip for 10 years, so I suspect I get a better price.

What other 2 stores are IN town?

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
numba1yankeefan said:
csmtampa said:

thanks man. Brandon is probably 30 min from where I am but will probably try to check it out.
DO NOT WAST YOUR 30 MIN.OF DRIVE TIME! WHEN YOU DO, IT WILL BE O M G! what a waste of time! that goes for all the shops in the area! call 1st!. 90% of them in the yellow pages when you call. sorry that # has been disconnected!

JustinG08

Aug 9, 2008
Clearwater, FL
Jeff N. said:
JustinG08 said:
[quote="Jeff N.":h9kq1jwy]Supercards just moved from Hillsborough between Memorial and the Veterans to Hillsborough and Racetrack. It's the only store left. Good guys.

Varies across the board. I've been buying from skip for 10 years, so I suspect I get a better price.

What other 2 stores are IN town?[/quote:h9kq1jwy]

Shortstops is on Tampa Rd and 19 behind Chick-fil-a, and Wonder Water Cards is located on 19 between Curlew and 580 next to Amscot, but I wouldn't recommend either shop. I'll definitely have to check out Supercards.

james5348

Feb 2, 2009
there is one in largo. i used to go to when i lived there. i juts cant remember the name right now

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
JustinG08 said:
Jeff N. said:
JustinG08 said:
[quote="Jeff N.":29bilbfk]Supercards just moved from Hillsborough between Memorial and the Veterans to Hillsborough and Racetrack. It's the only store left. Good guys.

Shortstops is on Tampa Rd and 19 behind Chick-fil-a, and Wonder Water Cards is located on 19 between Curlew and 580 next to Amscot, but I wouldn't recommend either shop. I'll definitely have to check out Supercards.[/quote:29bilbfk]

I'm pretty sure Wonder Water is out of business. They had a location on North Dale Mabry, that's gone. They had a location on Racetrack and Tampa road; that's gone. They had a location on 60, I believe, in Clearwater; that's gone. I don't know Shortstops, but I actually am driving by there later today. ;)

When you go to Supercards, you're either going to deal with Skip, who is the father, or Jason, who is the son (an unsuccessful Mets minor league pitcher). If you deal with skip, tell him that Jeff the attorney sent ya.

Joshua.Roundtree

Mar 12, 2010
Clearwater, FL
Jeff N. said:
JustinG08 said:
[quote="Jeff N.":1iv77661]
JustinG08 said:
[quote="Jeff N.":1iv77661]Supercards just moved from Hillsborough between Memorial and the Veterans to Hillsborough and Racetrack. It's the only store left. Good guys.

Shortstops is on Tampa Rd and 19 behind Chick-fil-a, and Wonder Water Cards is located on 19 between Curlew and 580 next to Amscot, but I wouldn't recommend either shop. I'll definitely have to check out Supercards.[/quote:1iv77661]

I'm pretty sure Wonder Water is out of business. They had a location on North Dale Mabry, that's gone. They had a location on Racetrack and Tampa road; that's gone. They had a location on 60, I believe, in Clearwater; that's gone. I don't know Shortstops, but I actually am driving by there later today. ;)

When you go to Supercards, you're either going to deal with Skip, who is the father, or Jason, who is the son (an unsuccessful Mets minor league pitcher). If you deal with skip, tell him that Jeff the attorney sent ya.[/quote:1iv77661]

Shortstops' location moved, it is no longer in the same plaza as the Chick Fil A.

It is up about another 1.5 miles North on US 19 in a new shopping plaza all by itself. Super nice plaza that's been vacant since it was built four years ago, they just moved in there a month ago. Prices probably won't make you too excited, but its not bad. Most of there 'good' cards aren't even at the store, Dom Brown Contenders BGS 9.5, Wilmer Flores BC Gold Ref Auto Jersey # BGS 9.5, Strasburg Bowman Auto BGS 9.5, etc. but they bust a ton of prospect products every year so they have a ton of singles from 09 EEE, 10 BC, 08 Contenders, 08 BCDP, 09 BC. As far as wax right now they only have 06-09 BC and BCDP products, Triple Threads ($200), and some other various newer stuff. Next Tuesday will be fun when they get Topps Chrome and EEE, place will be hopping for sure.

JustinG08

Aug 9, 2008
Clearwater, FL
Joshua.Roundtree said:
[quote="Jeff N.":35hy52ai]
JustinG08 said:
[quote="Jeff N.":35hy52ai]
JustinG08 said:
[quote="Jeff N.":35hy52ai]Supercards just moved from Hillsborough between Memorial and the Veterans to Hillsborough and Racetrack. It's the only store left. Good guys.

Shortstops is on Tampa Rd and 19 behind Chick-fil-a, and Wonder Water Cards is located on 19 between Curlew and 580 next to Amscot, but I wouldn't recommend either shop. I'll definitely have to check out Supercards.[/quote:35hy52ai]

When you go to Supercards, you're either going to deal with Skip, who is the father, or Jason, who is the son (an unsuccessful Mets minor league pitcher). If you deal with skip, tell him that Jeff the attorney sent ya.[/quote:35hy52ai]

Shortstops' location moved, it is no longer in the same plaza as the Chick Fil A. [/quote:35hy52ai]

Thanks for the correction didn't know Shortstops moved, like you mentioned their pricing was one reason I don't go to that shop. The other Wonder Water Cards locations you mentioned Jeff are gone but there is still one shop open, the Clearwater location just relocated up the road recently to the location I mentioned, I pass by that shop on my way to work.

Jeff, i'll make sure to mention your name when I stop by Supercards.

James52411

Administrator
May 22, 2010
Tallahassee, FL
Supercards is definitely the best shop in Tampa. I only shop with Skip and he is the best. Fair prices and a nice selection of boxes. Tell him James also sent you along with Jeff.

Joshua.Roundtree

Mar 12, 2010
Clearwater, FL
JustinG08 said:
Joshua.Roundtree said:
[quote="Jeff N.":dw8zrpz8]
JustinG08 said:
[quote="Jeff N.":dw8zrpz8]
JustinG08 said:
[quote="Jeff N.":dw8zrpz8]Supercards just moved from Hillsborough between Memorial and the Veterans to Hillsborough and Racetrack. It's the only store left. Good guys.

Shortstops is on Tampa Rd and 19 behind Chick-fil-a, and Wonder Water Cards is located on 19 between Curlew and 580 next to Amscot, but I wouldn't recommend either shop. I'll definitely have to check out Supercards.

When you go to Supercards, you're either going to deal with Skip, who is the father, or Jason, who is the son (an unsuccessful Mets minor league pitcher). If you deal with skip, tell him that Jeff the attorney sent ya.[/quote:dw8zrpz8]

Shortstops' location moved, it is no longer in the same plaza as the Chick Fil A. [/quote:dw8zrpz8]

Thanks for the correction didn't know Shortstops moved, like you mentioned their pricing was one reason I don't go to that shop. The other Wonder Water Cards locations you mentioned Jeff are gone but there is still one shop open, the Clearwater location just relocated up the road recently to the location I mentioned, I pass by that shop on my way to work.

Jeff, i'll make sure to mention your name when I stop by Supercards.[/quote:dw8zrpz8]

Wonder Water is the worst shop concept ever IMO. They were absolutely horrible. Pay $125/per year for their membership to pay outrageous prices on top of that. Singles at 3-5X HI Beckett BV [that is NOT a typo]. They still have that location that you mentioned north of Countryside Mall and another one in Pinellas Park that is a hole in the wall with almost nothing. They once had 6-10 area stores and now have nothing because they couldn't ever sell anything except comics, gaming, and water.

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
Joshua.Roundtree said:
JustinG08 said:
[quote="Joshua.Roundtree":2lgclwmu][quote="Jeff N.":2lgclwmu]
JustinG08 said:
[quote="Jeff N.":2lgclwmu]
JustinG08 said:
[quote="Jeff N.":2lgclwmu]Supercards just moved from Hillsborough between Memorial and the Veterans to Hillsborough and Racetrack. It's the only store left. Good guys.

When you go to Supercards, you're either going to deal with Skip, who is the father, or Jason, who is the son (an unsuccessful Mets minor league pitcher). If you deal with skip, tell him that Jeff the attorney sent ya.[/quote:2lgclwmu]

Shortstops' location moved, it is no longer in the same plaza as the Chick Fil A. [/quote:2lgclwmu]

Jeff, i'll make sure to mention your name when I stop by Supercards.[/quote:2lgclwmu]

Wonder Water is the worst shop concept ever IMO. They were absolutely horrible. Pay $125/per year for their membership to pay outrageous prices on top of that. Singles at 3-5X HI Beckett BV [that is NOT a typo]. They still have that location that you mentioned north of Countryside Mall and another one in Pinellas Park that is a hole in the wall with almost nothing. They once had 6-10 area stores and now have nothing because they couldn't ever sell anything except comics, gaming, and water.[/quote:2lgclwmu]

Not to mention they had absolutely no product. But the membership idea would work in the 80s...with limited choices. Now, with the internet and online shopping, as well as your local Target/Walmart stocked with product, it's ridiculous to pay for the privilege of getting gouged.

JustinG08

Aug 9, 2008
Clearwater, FL
Joshua.Roundtree said:
Wonder Water is the worst shop concept ever IMO. They were absolutely horrible. Pay $125/per year for their membership to pay outrageous prices on top of that. Singles at 3-5X HI Beckett BV [that is NOT a typo]. They still have that location that you mentioned north of Countryside Mall and another one in Pinellas Park that is a hole in the wall with almost nothing. They once had 6-10 area stores and now have nothing because they couldn't ever sell anything except comics, gaming, and water.

I don't care for Wonder Water but whoever told you their membership is $125 a year is full of shat. I stopped in to pick up supplies on my way to work about a month ago and when paying the guy asked if I had their membership, I don't but inquired how much it was and was told they have a $10 and $20 option. I agree Jeff, I noticed they had very few options.

On another note it's nice to see other local collectors on the board.

Members online

Latest posts