Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

My first Mathewson, McGraw and Thorpe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ronfromfresno

Aug 7, 2008
Fresno, CA
I posted this over on the vintage boards, but figured I'd share it over here as well.

Well, Mathewson, McGraw and Thorpe are all on the same card, but it is my first card with any of them on it, a 1913 T200 Fatima team card of the New York Nationals. Other players on the card include Rube Marquard, Chief Meyers, George Burns,Snodgrass, Merkle and Larry Doyle. Plus it looks like the bat boy in the picture is called the mascot.

Sorry for the poor scans, my scanner is old and I can get a digital picture without a flash in my house.
1913T200FatimaNewYorkNtlFront.jpg
1913T200FatimaNewYorkNtlBack.jpg

And a close up of the card:
1913T200FatimaNewYorkNtlCrop.jpg

I'm super excited about getting this card, it's in some rough shape, it has several creases and bends and some paper loss, but I still think I got it at a fair price for $92 dlvd.

Thanks for taking a look, I just had to share.

ronfromfresno

Aug 7, 2008
Fresno, CA
Thanks, I love this card because you don't see many with Thorpe in a baseball uniform, plus there are a ton on HOF on the same card.

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
Love it!!!! :D

I have wanted the Red Sox team card from this set FOREVER, but they don't pop up for auction too often (and of course when they do....I have no money)

ronfromfresno

Aug 7, 2008
Fresno, CA
scotty21690 said:

I have wanted the Red Sox team card from this set FOREVER, but they don't pop up for auction too often (and of course when they do....I have no money)

Thanks for all of the great comments guys!

Scotty,
I got lucky, most of these are listed around $200-$250, a seller had this one listed for $130 and I was lucky enough to talk him down to $92 off e-bay.

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
ronfromfresno said:
scotty21690 said:

Scotty,
I got lucky, most of these are listed around $200-$250, a seller had this one listed for $130 and I was lucky enough to talk him down to $92 off e-bay.
Nicely done!

I'd like to start saving up for the Red Sox one....although I'd be lucky to get it for under $100 :D

ronfromfresno

Aug 7, 2008
Fresno, CA
scotty21690 said:
ronfromfresno said:
scotty21690 said:

Scotty,
Nicely done!

I'd like to start saving up for the Red Sox one....although I'd be lucky to get it for under $100 :D

You never know Scotty, I'm still looking to land a decent priced Turkey Red to my Larry Doyle collection.

ronfromfresno

Aug 7, 2008
Fresno, CA
LWMM said:
Very cool! Do the 13x21 enlargements ever pop up?

I haven't seen one, but would love to own one, the image on the card is very sharp, could only imagine how awesome a larger picture would be.

fkw

May 28, 2010
Kea'au, HI
The large premiums are around, they usually sell at major auctions, usually in the $3K-$8K range, but nice ones bring even more. They look the same as the T200's but dont have the Fatima ad in the bottom front, and the team name is larger.

These cards are extremely fragile and are often found with crazing and chipping and in worse cases cracks and corners missing. They (along with the T222's) are real photographs (not printed) on thin brittle stock.

Here is my best example of a T200...
1913t200bostonal.jpg

Boston AL (SGC-50)

Members online