Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

How did this not get press? 09 TTT Fake Ruth auto

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
Buzzing through the Huggins & Scott auctions I came across the 2009 Topps Triple Threads dual cut Babe Ruth / Lou Gehrig and saw the wording below...

"When claimed from the mini-box, the Ruth portion of the card was originally affixed with an autograph later deemed not authentic. The modern insert was subsequently returned to Topps and was “reconstructed” with a valid Ruth autograph that comes with a full photo LOA from PSA/DNA (E52812). "

Just shocked that such a huge pull included a fake autograph and never got any press.

kdailey4315

Mar 4, 2009
I was wondering the same thing. All I saw was a bunch of keyboard experts blowing it up as a fake and never read anything official about it.

bozemanbreaker

Mar 20, 2009
Salina, KS
think there was a thread on another forum about it. dude sent it in to Topps who replaced the cut sig with a new one. He got it back and posted pics.

this one maybe?
http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/base ... -card.html

20052d1277408905-tale-collector-his-card-09ttbb_ttdca_1.jpg

ajbraves25

Aug 9, 2008
Springfield, IL
Nice story to go along with all that, but why the hell do I have to have an account on Blowout to see the new card? :twisted: That is just the dumbest thing ever. I clicked on the card img and it told me I cannot view it because I am not a member. How stupid. That is a public forum just like this one and I cant even look at the card? Worthless. Never go there again.

~AJ

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
So it does seem like it got some press, but to me, a card like this with a problem like this blows up in the hobby like some others in the past.

Regardless, Topps took care of it, but it seemed strange to me to have it listed in the auction.

hofmichael

Sep 19, 2008
Albany,NY
I have never felt so bad about being right about something like this before.The guy who pulled took so much flak on the BO board after I opened my mouth.They treated the guy like he forged it himself.
Mike

piggy1918

Jul 31, 2009
This got tons of press... you must have missed it I guess. Pretty sad honestly... I don't want to start a flame war but I want UD back :(

rico08

Aug 7, 2008
Los Angeles
piggy1918 said:
This got tons of press... you must have missed it I guess. Pretty sad honestly... I don't want to start a flame war but I want UD back :(

Ya because UD never had any questionable cut auto's. :lol:

Members online

Latest posts