Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Do Razors exclusives apply any longer?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jul 30, 2009
I know its been talked about a million times before but it seems like the "rules" have changed.

1. From what I always thought, Topps can make a card of an exclusive once they make the majors. If thats the case, wheres Wieters been?

2. In order for Topps to have an auto of that player, they would have to buy the rights from Razor eventhough the player has made the majors.

So now that Wallace has been announced and Matusz finally has an auto, does that mean EVERYONE who was exclusive can have an auto?

If so, doesnt THAT mean that Topps bought out Razors exclusive contracts?

I know Im confused now and my customers are too as they constantly ask me if any of these exclusive guys will be in BC products.

Leaf

Aug 7, 2008
1. From what I always thought, Topps can make a card of an exclusive once they make the majors. If thats the case, wheres Wieters been?
Topps can make a card once a player makes the 25-man roster. Except, Wieters and Casper Wells whose deals extend 365 days form that date. I believe they could have put Wieters in this year, but were not able to come to terms.

2. In order for Topps to have an auto of that player, they would have to buy the rights from Razor eventhough the player has made the majors.
Topps can do autograph deals with any of those players once they make the 25-man, except wells and wieters which have to be negotiated with Razor. If they want a player while still in minors, they would have to sublicense.

So now that Wallace has been announced and Matusz finally has an auto, does that mean EVERYONE who was exclusive can have an auto?
No, rules above are still in place. Unless, Razor and Topps do a deal on a player, which is not out of the realm of possibility anymore.

Hope this helps,... Just a little first hand clarification to this oft asked confusing issue.
BG

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Has Topps given any indication they're willing to negotiate with Razor for any of the exclusives' contracts thus far?

Leaf

Aug 7, 2008
Jaypers said:
Has Topps given any indication they're willing to negotiate with Razor for any of the exclusives' contracts thus far?

I am no longer involved in those discussions.
I do know there has been communication in the past.
BG

BowmanChromeAddict

Aug 8, 2008
Downingtown, PA
cgilmo said:
kentuckyderby said:
Leaf said:
011873 said:
Maybe I missed it but who bought Razor?

No one yet, that I know of.

an answer like this symbolizes you

why are you trolling gray agian?

Honestly, I'm confused as well. The impression I had was the Brian was done with Razor and Leaf was his new thing. If he still owns Razor, then he's not done with Razor.

blanning71

Super Moderator
Aug 8, 2008
Eastern North Carolina
I thought Brian made it plain and clear that he had no interests in razor anymore and that he was now running Leaf. So perhaps the powers that be at Razor still own it but Brian sold his stake and moved on to Leaf.

kentuckyderby

Aug 7, 2008
was Chicago now Glendale AZ
blanning71 said:
I thought Brian made it plain and clear that he had no interests in razor anymore and that he was now running Leaf. So perhaps the powers that be at Razor still own it but Brian sold his stake and moved on to Leaf.

I divorced my 4th wife but I still know who she is banging

blanning71

Super Moderator
Aug 8, 2008
Eastern North Carolina
kentuckyderby said:
blanning71 said:

Dude, get over this whole "I'm gonna bring Razor down" now. Its ridiculous.

kentuckyderby

Aug 7, 2008
was Chicago now Glendale AZ
blanning71 said:
kentuckyderby said:
blanning71 said:

I'm trying to bring Razor down now?
Nope. It happened on its own
I can't comment that I find it odd and rather ironic that BG would have such an answer as he did when someone asked who owns Razor?
For the men in blue that want to jump on me--- answer this---- Was that a normal response from BG or wasn't it a bit odd?

Heck, I think i know of one mod that sees the ridiculousness in it

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
here come...the men in blue...
message board defenders....

here come... the men in blue...
won't let you remember (what Brian Gray originally said)

uh uh, uh uh...

blanning71

Super Moderator
Aug 8, 2008
Eastern North Carolina
kentuckyderby said:
blanning71 said:
kentuckyderby said:
blanning71 said:

I can't comment that I find it odd and rather ironic that BG would have such an answer as he did when someone asked who owns Razor?
For the men in blue that want to jump on me--- answer this---- Was that a normal response from BG or wasn't it a bit odd?

Oh so you want to play the victim now? Come on dude. Give me a break. You are the biggest and I mean BIGGEST anti BG, anti Razor......anti anything having to do with the R word member on this site. I didn't think it was a far fetched answer but rather, hey HE DOESN'T KNOW because he DOESN'T OWN THE COMPANY ANYMORE! Not so far fetched! And of course BCA will be your knight in shining armor because he has had some serious albeit legitimate issues with Razor in the past. Take your stories and your tales and bag em. Its old. Nobody really wants to see each and every thread get turned into a fight but it seems that you always show up and it turns into one. Gee......I wonder why?

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
blanning71 said:
kentuckyderby said:
blanning71 said:
kentuckyderby said:
blanning71 said:

Oh so you want to play the victim now? Come on dude. Give me a break. You are the biggest and I mean BIGGEST anti BG, anti Razor......anti anything having to do with the R word member on this site. I didn't think it was a far fetched answer but rather, hey HE DOESN'T KNOW because he DOESN'T OWN THE COMPANY ANYMORE! Not so far fetched! And of course BCA will be your knight in shining armor because he has had some serious albeit legitimate issues with Razor in the past. Take your stories and your tales and bag em. Its old. Nobody really wants to see each and every thread get turned into a fight but it seems that you always show up and it turns into one. Gee......I wonder why?

For what it's worth, Brian, it's hard to say that "he doesn't own the company" on one hand and on the other say that "No one yet, that I know of." bought the company. He owned part of if not all of the company; therefore, part if not all of the company was sold to someone else... obviously, he does know.

I love my snuggie bear Bri Bri, but let's face facts. He uses this board to promote himself. Not that there's anything wrong with that, per se... A 5 page thread about "ooooh, did I offer too little money?" and vague comments like this designed to incite further commentary. I hate to use the word, but I almost want to state that his actions resemble someone who may beat you with a club or charge you to cross their bridge...

Adamsince1981

Aug 7, 2008
kentuckyderby said:
Leaf said:
011873 said:
Maybe I missed it but who bought Razor?

No one yet, that I know of.

an answer like this symbolizes you

You've held quite the grudge, haven't you? Do you throw darts at Razor metal autographs?

[youtube:5xackg1b]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMo_HcRBnUY[/youtube:5xackg1b]

Even if you didn't like his answer, you have to understand that "silent partners" are a main stay in the business world. And, no, I don't mean Upper Deck. Brian's answer means he simply doesn't know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online