Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

eBay Ethical question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ArtVandelay

Jul 6, 2010
Looking for some advice. I sold a card (only a few copies exist). I shipped the card out and delivery confirmation tells me that it was delivered yesterday. Around the time my card was sold, another seller listed another rare copy of this card. The same buyer that bought mine has now placed a bid on it. The time stamp on his bid is in the evening and the card was delivered during the day. I have a sickening feeling that the buyer is going to buy this guy's card (which is graded) and try to claim bogus charge back on me (item not as described or damaged...). He has not left me feedback.

Anyone have any advice?

bouwob

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
+1. On certain rare cards many will try to complete the set. I would not worry until I charge back.

ArtVandelay

Jul 6, 2010
bouwob said:
+1. On certain rare cards many will try to complete the set. I would not worry until I charge back.

If he is completing the set, why is he going after 2 copies?

bouwob

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
ArtVandelay said:
bouwob said:

If he is completing the set, why is he going after 2 copies?

Rare card to me means 10 or less copies. as in he is trying to get all 10 of the copies.

ArtVandelay

Jul 6, 2010
Erich said:
matfanofold said:
Remain calm.
I agree, don't get those bowels in an uproar until he files the chargeback.

If he does file, I will lose no matter what though, right? To clarify, yes there are 10 or less copies.
Should I email him asking to leave feedback? or ask if everything was ok. He had some special requests for how I shipped and labeled the package...

Huffamaniac

Oct 8, 2008
Even if he leaves feedback he still could file a claim. I would not request feedback. At this point, you have nothing to worry about

ArtVandelay said:
Erich said:
matfanofold said:
Remain calm.
I agree, don't get those bowels in an uproar until he files the chargeback.

If he does file, I will lose no matter what though, right? To clarify, yes there are 10 or less copies.
Should I email him asking to leave feedback? or ask if everything was ok. He had some special requests for how I shipped and labeled the package...

Adamsince1981

Aug 7, 2008
You are a worry wart. The guy is probably a serious player collector.

Also, if the money is enough to worry you this much, why no DC?

Sweetness

Mar 1, 2009
Out bid him and if you win the card just flip it with a bin for what you paid plus fees, shipping and a few $ for your hassle or just cross your fingers and hope he doesn't win. I'm sure if you provided a link to auction the price for it might go up just based on the extra views pushing the card out of his price range.

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
I think you are worried about something that in all likelihood has nothing to do with you. I've bid on multiple copies of the same low numbered card before as I wanted both, it had nothing to do with intending to screw someone over. Take a step back, relax, and don't worry about it

Members online