Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

GIANTS!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jan 15, 2009
lisu said:
Let's go Giants!!!!! I'm going every game this weekend but hoping for a clinch tomorrow night with Cain starting!
I am likely going tomorrow, friends have tickets and asked me to go! Don't know where the seats are though at least not yet

kdailey4315

Mar 4, 2009
They moved up Cain for the kill shot! They completely dominated September and hopefully it will continue into October.

dutchj16

Aug 11, 2008
Can't say I'm too pleased about that. Just one small criticism about the Giants, it really bothers me that everyone still refers to Lincecum as the ace when he has been there third or fourth best pitcher this year.

lisu

Aug 8, 2008
Mountain View, CA
dutchj16 said:
Can't say I'm too pleased about that. Just one small criticism about the Giants, it really bothers me that everyone still refers to Lincecum as the ace when he has been there third or fourth best pitcher this year.

He's figured it out again. Cain has been more consistent and better this year, but I'd still say Lincecum is their 2nd best pitcher this year.

brouthercard

Jan 15, 2009
Wow, could this actually happen?

They will be tough to beat in a playoff series.

pre-mature congrats to them.

Perhaps KNBR can finally not be so annoying to listen to - I hope this playoff run detracts some attention from the nauseating, whining 49ers "fans" out there who are going to just get worse after this weekend, when the Falcons whoop some niner arse and hopefully singletary really goes looney!

dutchj16

Aug 11, 2008
lisu said:
dutchj16 said:

He's figured it out again. Cain has been more consistent and better this year, but I'd still say Lincecum is their 2nd best pitcher this year.

Who has figured it out again? Lincecum? Can't really agree with this either, his fastball command is been appalling and he leaves that changeup up a lot as well. Watching the Diamondbacks game, I was disgusted by the inability of hitters to hit him. I mean he leaves 91 up and struck out Laroche on an 0-2 changeup middle up. Yet, people still think he is absolutely amazing.

lisu

Aug 8, 2008
Mountain View, CA
dutchj16 said:
lisu said:
dutchj16 said:

Who has figured it out again? Lincecum? Can't really agree with this either, his fastball command is been appalling and he leaves that changeup up a lot as well. Watching the Diamondbacks game, I was disgusted by the inability of hitters to hit him. I mean he leaves 91 up and struck out Laroche on an 0-2 changeup middle up. Yet, people still think he is absolutely amazing.

He was sick last night and still managed to pitch 7 innings with 11 SO's giving up 1 ER.

In the month of September, he's 5-1, 52 SO's, with 1.75 ERA. I'd say he's figured it out.

ronfromfresno

Aug 7, 2008
Fresno, CA
dutchj16 said:
lisu said:
dutchj16 said:

Please look at the numbers, sub 2.00 ERA in September and a 5-1 record plus averaging 8-10K's a game, what would it take to be turned around a couple of no-hitters and throwing 105 mph?

On another note Buster better be the NL Rookie of the Year.

Jan 15, 2009
ronfromfresno said:
dutchj16 said:
lisu said:
dutchj16 said:

Please look at the numbers, sub 2.00 ERA in September and a 5-1 record plus averaging 8-10K's a game, what would it take to be turned around a couple of no-hitters and throwing 105 mph?

On another note Buster better be the NL Rookie of the Year.
Lincecum has turned a corner for sure, Buster is looking really good now!

kdailey4315

Mar 4, 2009
Who would have thought BUrrell would hit 18 HR for the Giants when we signed him to a minor league deal. That is just awesome. I also can't think of a team that is looking forward to Lincecum Cain Sanchez in a 5 game series. Once Cain puts the dagger in the Padres like he did the Rockies we'll have our pitching rotation on regular rest for the playoffs.

lisu

Aug 8, 2008
Mountain View, CA
kdailey4315 said:
Who would have thought BUrrell would hit 18 HR for the Giants when we signed him to a minor league deal. That is just awesome. I also can't think of a team that is looking forward to Lincecum Cain Sanchez in a 5 game series. Once Cain puts the dagger in the Padres like he did the Rockies we'll have our pitching rotation on regular rest for the playoffs.

Sanchez scares me a bit. I'd rather have MadBum. :)

kdailey4315

Mar 4, 2009
lisu said:
kdailey4315 said:

He scares me also but he's been on lately. MadBum has to be running on either adrenaline or pure intestinal fortitude right now. I don't know how much more his arm can take. I also think Zito will rise to the occasion. We are scoring runs right now.

Jan 15, 2009
kdailey4315 said:
lisu said:
kdailey4315 said:

He scares me also but he's been on lately. MadBum has to be running on either adrenaline or pure intestinal fortitude right now. I don't know how much more his arm can take. I also think Zito will rise to the occasion. We are scoring runs right now.
MadBum is country strong, he looks like he can still take a ton.

kdailey4315

Mar 4, 2009
GiantsSuperCollector said:

:lol: :lol: Anyone from Hickory North Carolina will be country strong. He is only 21 though. I have total faith in him, I would just pitch Sanchez in 3rd game.

Jan 15, 2009
kdailey4315 said:
GiantsSuperCollector said:

:lol: :lol: Anyone from Hickory North Carolina will be country strong. He is only 21 though. I have total faith in him, I would just pitch Sanchez in 3rd game.
So would I, just eliminate Zito!

Members online

Latest posts