Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

OMG did anyone see Bautista's Grand Slam?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

braden

Aug 7, 2008
Jays have five homers tonight in Minnesota (what's new?) but Bautista just hit a slam (53) that was simply destroyed. Admittedly I don't have any comparisons for Target Field but judging by the crowd noise, it wasn't an everyday event. Seriously, check it out.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
That was absolutely crushed. And to top if off, he hits his 1st HR to RF tonight in his next at atbat... :lol:

kdailey4315

Mar 4, 2009
That was absurd and his HR total this season is amazing. I can't help but look at the 260 average though.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
kdailey4315 said:
That was absurd and his HR total this season is amazing. I can't help but look at the 260 average though.

I would take 54 HR and a .260 AVG any day...

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
I'd like to add....and I'm sure most MLB fans are thinking this...I can't wait to see what he does next year. I want to call this season a complete fluke, but 54 HR and a .625 SLG is HUGE. To top it off, he had a tremendous September last year.

Could this be the next David Ortiz - in terms of power? David Ortiz developed late and quickly became a household name for his power and clutch....

braden

Aug 7, 2008
kdailey4315 said:

His average doesn't bother me at all when you realize he's 8th in the AL in OBP. 99 walks. He simply doesn't hit many singles.

braden

Aug 7, 2008
markakis8 said:
I'd like to add....and I'm sure most MLB fans are thinking this...I can't wait to see what he does next year. I want to call this season a complete fluke, but 54 HR and a .625 SLG is HUGE. To top it off, he had a tremendous September last year.

Could this be the next David Ortiz - in terms of power? David Ortiz developed late and quickly became a household name for his power and clutch....

I don't know that I'd go that far. This is obviously a career year but I could definitely see 30-35 HR and a .500-530 SLG for the next 2-3 years. He has incredible plate discipline so I'd be shocked if he fell off completely but I'd be equally surprised if he sniffed 50 again in 2011.

Jul 30, 2009
Could you imagine if he was a Yankee or Met or Sox putting up these numbers how much his cards would be?

kdailey4315

Mar 4, 2009
011873 said:
Could you imagine if he was a Yankee or Met or Sox putting up these numbers how much his cards would be?

Just like last month when Votto and Pujols were battling for the triple crown. If they were on the Yanks or Sox ESPN would be having live cut ins for every at bat.

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
Love Bautista!!!!

Hes basically the one and only reason ive been catching almost every Jays game on TV lately.

sigma_chi

Apr 14, 2010
NE Arkansas/SEMO
I love Batista...

battista-isnt-on-the-juice-pfft-what-are-you-even-talking-about.jpg

Oh wait, wrong thread.

cmnkb8

Nov 17, 2009
The Armpit of America: NEW JERSEY!
markakis8 said:

He seems like the next Troy Glaus. Big power, low avg.

Members online

Latest posts