Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Palmero Roids and Congress

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kdailey4315

Mar 4, 2009
Anyone know why Palmero is the only player to be dismissed (I know he hasn't been acquitted) by Congress for lying under oath yet they still are rabidly going after Clemens and Bonds? He actually has a failed test backed up by the MLB. It appears that that would be a whole bunch more evidence.

AndruwHRJones

Aug 9, 2008
The failed test took place after he testified. They can't use a failed test after he testified to charge him with perjury? I see what you are saying, he definately appears to be a liar, but without any evidence of him using steroids before he testified, they can't do anything.

IndyManning18

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
Palmeiro is Latino and Washington is really striving for the Latin vote in the upcoming elections therefore Raffy is getting a pass.

I kid, I kid.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
While it's tough for most to believe that Palmeiro took nothing before speaking to Congress and then testing positive a mere 6 weeks later, there was nothing to indicate that he did so Congress didn't have anything to go on for perjury.

Clemens and Bonds cases have a lot more evidence (far more against Clemens) towards perjury, but Clemens is probably the only one who will get nailed for perjury out of the steroid charade.

Members online

Latest posts