Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Impresive last week of season of some young raw tallent

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Aride18

Aug 18, 2008
--------------AB R 2B 3B HR RBI SB .AVG .OPS
Pedro Alvarez- 23 yrs
(Pit - 3B) 15/29 6 3 0 3 14 0 .517 1.447
Travis Snider- 22yrs
(Tor - OF) 12/26 9 2 0 4 6 1 .462 1.5
Justin Smoak- 23 yrs
(Sea - 1B) 10/21 6 1 0 3 7 0 .476 1.512
Mike Stanton- 20 yrs
(Fla - OF) 12/28 5 1 0 2 7 1 .429 1.108
Kila Ka'aihue- 26 yrs
(KC - 1B) 9/26 6 2 1 3 8 0 .346 1.225

Average age is 22.8 years old. New talent is certainly on the way more so than????? When?

I just wish I could put up Heywards numbers up here :cry: GO BRAVES!!!

kdailey4315

Mar 4, 2009
Don't leave out Buster who's in the middle of a pennant race and is only 23. I can't think of a year where so many impact players have been called up or started the year off as a rookie. It's quite amazing.

Aride18

Aug 18, 2008
Unfortunately you have to:
Buster Posey
(SF - C,1B) 3/21 3 0 0 1 2 0 .143 .566

Not what you want down the final stretch. But he could turn it around big in last two games. Amazing talent.

kdailey4315

Mar 4, 2009
Aride18 said:
Unfortunately you have to:
Buster Posey
(SF - C,1B) 3/21 3 0 0 1 2 0 .143 .566

Not what you want down the final stretch. But he could turn it around big in last two games. Amazing talent.

Yeah, he has been ice cold this last week. Probably the wear and tare of catching every game, with the exception of about 4 games, since June. Still an amazing collection of rookie talent this year.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
Only time will tell if they end up better than the 2001 rookie class, with two first ballot hall of famers in Pujols and Ichiro, but this could very well be one of the best rookie classes of all time.

If you follow minor league baseball at all, think how depleted the upper levels of the minors are right now. It's because all the big names made it to the show this year.

kdailey4315

Mar 4, 2009
ALL_THE_HYPE said:
Only time will tell if they end up better than the 2001 rookie class, with two first ballot hall of famers in Pujols and Ichiro, but this could very well be one of the best rookie classes of all time.

If you follow minor league baseball at all, think how depleted the upper levels of the minors are right now. It's because all the big names made it to the show this year.

Not only 2 first ballot HOF'ers but the 2 best players of this generation. I can't say this class can live up to it but it will be fin to watch.

Codasco07

Aug 7, 2008
DC/StL
The important thing to consider with September statistics is there are a lot of AAA players up and getting significant time. It makes a huge difference.

Aride18

Aug 18, 2008
ALL_THE_HYPE said:

Some can argue that Ichiro wasn't actually a rookie, but I won't. Either way time will tell on this class. Heyward, Strasburg, Posey, Stanton, Carlos Santana could be the biggest names in baseball in several years and that is leaving out many. It will be exciting to watch, I think these guys have been great for the MLB.....and Topps.

I'm interested to see BA's new top 100 for sure.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
Aride18 said:
ALL_THE_HYPE said:

Some can argue that Ichiro wasn't actually a rookie, but I won't. Either way time will tell on this class. Heyward, Strasburg, Posey, Stanton, Carlos Santana could be the biggest names in baseball in several years and that is leaving out many. It will be exciting to watch, I think these guys have been great for the MLB.....and Topps.

I'm interested to see BA's new top 100 for sure.

Yeah and with all those big names you just mentioned, there are still MORE guys that could be top tier players. My personal favorite is Logan Morrison, although his lack of power so far has kept him under the radar a bit. Starlin Castro, Brennan Boesch, Mike Leake, Ike Davis, Aroldis Chapman, Madison Bumgarner, Austin Jackson, Gaby Sanchez.......the list goes on and on.

Members online

Latest posts