Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Fantastic pick-up and a question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ronfromfresno

Aug 7, 2008
Fresno, CA
I just recently sold my Bernard Berrian (Football) collection to have cash for this, 1911 T3 Turkey Red Larry Doyle checklist back.

1911T3TurkeyRedChecklistDoyleFront.jpg
1911T3TurkeyRedChecklistDoyleBack.jpg

Card is in terrible shape, trimmed on top and bottom, looks like it was in an album paper stuck on back, water damage and paper loss on front. But it is graded and got it at a reasonable, but not great price of $122 dlvd.

The question that I have is that the holder is open on the bottom corner, not enough to remove the card but about 2 to 3 inches along the left side of the holder and the bottom of the holder is open. Looks as if someone tried to pop the case open with something on the bottom of the holder as it is chipped up like a screw driver was used.

Is this something I should be concerned with? Should I contact the seller and do you think SGC would re-slab the card?

Any opinions, Thanks for taking a look.

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
I know I would not want a partially cracked open slab. And I can see no reason why it would not be re slabbed if you pay for it. Unless ofcourse it is more than partially cracked, and it's actually a reprint in there replacing the original authentic thing.

ronfromfresno

Aug 7, 2008
Fresno, CA
matfanofold said:
I know I would not want a partially cracked open slab. And I can see no reason why it would not be re slabbed if you pay for it. Unless ofcourse it is more than partially cracked, and it's actually a reprint in there replacing the original authentic thing.

That's partly my concern, the opening isn't large enough to remove the card. But it does look like someone was trying to open the slab.

Anyone know if there are tell tale marks on a T3 that would lean to real or fake?

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
ronfromfresno said:
matfanofold said:

That's partly my concern, the opening isn't large enough to remove the card. But it does look like someone was trying to open the slab.

Anyone know if there are tell tale marks on a T3 that would lean to real or fake?
Looks good to me

Great pickup! :)

RepublicaninMass

Mar 31, 2010
massachusetts
that card is legit, gotta love the "period" wear! Amazing that any of these survived, here is one of mine

img012.jpg

Members online