Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

eTopps CARD question, the actual card, not the program

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
Seems that they are very easy to grade, many 10s about and almost a bazzillion 9.5s.
having never seen on in person, is the card stock the same as Topps Gold Label?

also, im guessing the high prices of the slabs are tied into the program, correct?

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
Brewer Andy said:
Your basic chrome refractor card stock. Not sure what you mean in part 2 though

Meaning that the slabs bring in quite a bit of coin.

are the cards tied into some online stock-type of deal?

gvsu96

Aug 7, 2008
You can call me Milton
If the cards are in hand they are not tied to you online portfolio any more. The auctions I just looked at that where graded with BGS don't seem to garner much extra cash other than maybe the Obama card.
They are a thicker type stock not sure on the point size though.

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
Not if they've been graded. You can sell cards maintained in your online "portfolio" (cards Topps is storing for you similar to the Cards yo Moma promotion) but once you pay to have them delivered to you they are out of the system and can no longer be sold/traded through the eTopps site. They are shipped/produced in the uncirculated style holders with sticker seals

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
are any cards today NOT easy to grade?? I mean cmon, BGS 9.5's are common these
days.

Etopps cards are thick, much thicker than a common chrome card. I don't see any advantage
to getting a card delivered unless you are selling it live at a card show. Topps also
tries to discourage you from getting the card delivered by charging a hefty fee and
making you wait until the card is made.

Trivia....In topps first year they printed the cards first and then sold them, what they didn't
sell were destroyed. The Tony Banks used to be the most valuable etopps card.

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
gvsu96 said:
If the cards are in hand they are not tied to you online portfolio any more. The auctions I just looked at that where graded with BGS don't seem to garner much extra cash other than maybe the Obama card.
They are a thicker type stock not sure on the point size though.

i see what you mean. the ones im looking at (rookie cards) are just listed as high BINs

RZimm11

Feb 4, 2009
I really like the eTopps cards.

I have 25 online of Zimmerman, 5 in-hand, and 3 Auto'd in-hand.

I've never thought about getting them graded, I personally like the uncirculated holders they come in.

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
another thing that was not mentioned is that if a card gets inked, the only way to get it is
if its in your port.

Members online

Latest posts