Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

BJ Upton and Carl Crawford makin history

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DaveH

Apr 28, 2009
first pair of teammates to ever hit 60 XBH and steal 40 bases in a single season.

now, on to the pennant today. feel free to bow out admirably, yankees. :cool:

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
Crawford in particular has had an amazing season.

.308-19-90 League leading 13 triples. 47 steals. All done in the worst park for hitters in baseball (according to ESPN park factor.)

Upton's numbers would be better if his BABIP wasn't so low. I imagine with his speed that will jump.

leatherman

Aug 7, 2008
The Atlanta suburbs
DaveH said:
first pair of teammates to ever hit 60 XBH and steal 40 bases in a single season.

now, on to the pennant today. feel free to bow out admirably, yankees. :cool:

The 1977 Astros had 3 guys with 40 stolen bases who had 58, 58, and 59 extra base hits: Enos Cabell, Cesar Cedeno, and Jose Cruz.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
It'll be a damn crying shame when Crawford leaves this team.

I've said it before - he was and is the cornerstone of the Rays.

Topnotchsy

Aug 7, 2008
Jaypers said:
It'll be a damn crying shame when Crawford leaves this team.

I've said it before - he was and is the cornerstone of the Rays.
Agreed. Especially if he's considering going to Houston or Anaheim, two of the teams that are being mentioned.

mwashuc06

Aug 7, 2008
Braves need Crawford more than any team... When your batting Infante or Prado at leadoff your in trouble..

DaveH

Apr 28, 2009
Topnotchsy said:

.308-19-90 League leading 13 triples. 47 steals. All done in the worst park for hitters in baseball (according to ESPN park factor.)

Upton's numbers would be better if his BABIP wasn't so low. I imagine with his speed that will jump.

he has... it's been an MVP-type year from Carl. hope he continues to succeed for us this year, and wherever he falls next year....

I'll miss him, but I am anxious to see what Deezy, Boss, and Joyce can do next season. Joyce has quite a bit more power than I expected... BOSS has had a down year... and still put up a league-average wOBA, with good peripherals and still with the upside for much more. Jennings should be ready to step into a MLB role next year and I think he should be league-average at least, while being possibly the most athletic player in the game.

cowboysrule48

Aug 7, 2008
Orlando, FL
mwashuc06 said:
Braves need Crawford more than any team... When your batting Infante or Prado at leadoff your in trouble..

Why do people still have this misconception that Crawford would make a great leadoff hitter? It's been proven in the past that he excels in the 2 or 3 hole. Not as a leadoff hitter, he isn't patient enough.

Topnotchsy

Aug 7, 2008
DaveH said:
Topnotchsy said:

he has... it's been an MVP-type year from Carl. hope he continues to succeed for us this year, and wherever he falls next year....

I'll miss him, but I am anxious to see what Deezy, Boss, and Joyce can do next season. Joyce has quite a bit more power than I expected... BOSS has had a down year... and still put up a league-average wOBA, with good peripherals and still with the upside for much more. Jennings should be ready to step into a MLB role next year and I think he should be league-average at least, while being possibly the most athletic player in the game.

Should be interesting. I thought that Jennings injury at the beginning of the season may have sapped him of his power a bit. Upton I'm a little concerned as his plate discipline continues to regress, though he's still young and the power and speed are there.

If Crawford does not come here to NY I'd prefer he stayed in Tampa (and there seems to be no indication recently that NY is a likely destination.) Meanwhile the Playoffs should be fun.

On a separate note, not saying he's a better player, but I think there's plenty of room to argue Crawford had a better season than Longoria this year.

VizquelCollector.com

Jul 31, 2009
I know very little about Crawford other than watching a handful of Rays games and seeing him interviewed several times. He's obviously got the makings of a great ball player. That said, is he a decent guy or not? He comes off like a grade-A thug to me. Again, I know very little about him...

Topnotchsy

Aug 7, 2008
VizquelCollector said:
I know very little about Crawford other than watching a handful of Rays games and seeing him interviewed several times. He's obviously got the makings of a great ball player. That said, is he a decent guy or not? He comes off like a grade-A thug to me. Again, I know very little about him...
Hardest working guy around. Never been in trouble...

cowboysrule48

Aug 7, 2008
Orlando, FL
VizquelCollector said:

Carl is the exact opposite of a "grade-A thug."

VizquelCollector.com

Jul 31, 2009
I'm really glad to know that. I guess the few times I've seen him he didn't come off too well. He obviously busts his ass on the field and would be a nice compliment to most any outfield. Sorry if I got any of you worked up!

It'd be refreshing to see a top free agent go somewhere other than NY...

Topnotchsy

Aug 7, 2008
VizquelCollector said:
I'm really glad to know that. I guess the few times I've seen him he didn't come off too well. He obviously busts his ass on the field and would be a nice compliment to most any outfield. Sorry if I got any of you worked up!

It'd be refreshing to see a top free agent go somewhere other than NY...
He's not someone who is all that comfortable in the limelight (in interviews etc.) which does not really bode well for my hopes that he comes to NY, but we'll see how it plays out.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts