Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

YOUR NL WEST CHAMPIONS!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tom Oates

Sep 15, 2008
Curious what people think of Zito's role in the post season. He's been stinkin' the place up lately. No way he cracks the post season rotation. Maybe long relief if needed? Maybe in certain matchups? Not sure he has much of a role given his lack of success lately.

Tom

Jan 15, 2009
Tom Oates said:
Curious what people think of Zito's role in the post season. He's been stinkin' the place up lately. No way he cracks the post season rotation. Maybe long relief if needed? Maybe in certain matchups? Not sure he has much of a role given his lack of success lately.

Tom
He isn't going to be in the rotation, likely to be Lincecum, Sanchez/Bumgarner, Cain, Bumgarner/Sanchez; don't think they are using a 5 man staff going to stick with 4.

Jays_Cards

Jan 1, 2009
GiantsSuperCollector said:
Tom Oates said:

Tom
He isn't going to be in the rotation, likely to be Lincecum, Sanchez/Bumgarner, Cain, Bumgarner/Sanchez; don't think they are using a 5 man staff going to stick with 4.

I agree that Zito doesn't crack the rotation, but R-L does not outweigh pitching your best pitchers 1-2. I think it will be Lincy, Cain, Sanchez, Bum.

Jan 15, 2009
Jays_Cards said:
GiantsSuperCollector said:
[quote="Tom Oates":255sabhy]Curious what people think of Zito's role in the post season. He's been stinkin' the place up lately. No way he cracks the post season rotation. Maybe long relief if needed? Maybe in certain matchups? Not sure he has much of a role given his lack of success lately.

Tom

I agree that Zito doesn't crack the rotation, but R-L does not outweigh pitching your best pitchers 1-2. I think it will be Lincy, Cain, Sanchez, Bum.[/quote:255sabhy]
I was thinking more that we can have Cain either close up the series or get us a much needed win to put us up 2-1 or get us our first win.

Wes

OG
Administrator
I don't see why it couldn't be Lincecum, Bumgarner, Cain, Sanchez. Why skip Bumgarner he's the hottest guy on the staff right now, and it's unlikely they would bring Lincecum back for game 4 anyways. Zito will be lucky to be on the roster.

kdailey4315

Mar 4, 2009
You have to go Lincecum, Cain, Bumgarner (He's been really great on the road this year) If we're up 2-1 then Sanchez pitches game 4 in Atlanta. If we're down 1-2 Lincecum pitches on 4 days rest. You HAVE to throw your best 2 to try and take the 2 games at home.

Jan 15, 2009
I was thinking of putting Sanchez there because of how well he has done recently at home, and Bumgarner last because of how well he has done on the road.

Bigfan5

Aug 7, 2008
As much as it pains me, congratulations to the Giants and their fans on here.

This Dodger fan will be rooting for you!

Mighty Bombjack

Aug 7, 2008
Bigfan5 said:

+1 but from a Rockies fan!

It has been some lean years for you Giants fans, so here's hoping you can keep playing as well as you have recently (though it's tough for me to root against Bobby Cox right now).

kdailey4315

Mar 4, 2009
Bigfan5 said:

Damn I really wish I had a card with equal value to your Pristine Kershaw so I could have taken the ERA bet before the year started.

Jan 15, 2009
Sweet! Some good NL West fans here, let's see what the Giants can do!

My playoff roster:
Starting Rotation:

Lincecum
Cain
Sanchez
Bumgarner

Pen:
Zito (contract)
Affeldt
Lopez
Ramirez
Romo
Wilson
Casilla
Mota
Casilla

Lineup:
CF - Torres
2B - Sanchez
1B - Huff
C - Posey
LF - Burrell
SS - Uribe
RF - Ross
3B - Sandoval

Bench:
Ishikawa
Schierholtz
Guillen
Fontenot

Sandoval will be the back-up catcher in case of injury, or they can just put Posey on the DL if he is out for a while and bring in Whiteside (god forbid that happens) if the latter happens we lose.

kdailey4315

Mar 4, 2009
You have to have Rowan in there just because he's actually been there before. You'll have to lose someone from the pen to add Rowan.

Jan 15, 2009
kdailey4315 said:
You have to have Rowan in there just because he's actually been there before. You'll have to lose someone from the pen to add Rowan.
Totally forgot about him lol, drop Mota or Casilla

Members online

Latest posts