Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

ffgameman's David Wright collection

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ffgameman

Aug 7, 2008
Kentucky
(This is not the player collection contest - just a show-off topic.)

Even though I'm not a very well known FCB member, if I am known for any player collection it is likely my Sosa collection. However, I also have a small collection of David Wright. Earlier this year, I thought about giving it up since it was becoming hard to expand - and I started to lose my passion for it. Over the past several months, very few Wright cards have been added into the collection.

For some reason, Wright's nice finish to end of the season (and the release of Triple Threads) encouraged me not to give it up. I am narrowing my wants a bit, but will try to add what I can. Anywho, here are a few highlights.

2002 Bowman RC
normal_wrightrc.jpg

2005 Fleer Authentix Standing Room Only GU /10 (one of two cards that started it all)
normal_wright10.jpg

2005 Fleer Patchworks patch /99
normal_dwrightpatch.jpg

2005 Reflections Dual Signature red with Reyes /99 (the other card that started it all)
normal_reyeswrightdual99.jpg

2005 Reflections Dual Signature red with Leone /99
normal_leonewrightreflautograph.jpg

2006 Allen and Ginter mini EXT (damage on back)
normal_wrightext.jpg

2006 Finest blue x-fractor (would like to get the rest)
normal_wrightblue.jpg

2006 Finest refractor
normal_redfractorwright.jpg

2006 Topps Chrome black refractor
normal_wrightblackref.jpg

2007 Topps Highlights autograph
normal_07wrightauto.jpg

2007 Topps Triple Threads fold-out with Howard /36
howardwright.jpg

2007 Topps Triple Threads fold-out (Mets/Braves NL EAST) /36
wrightfoldout.jpg

2006 Fleer TTM autograph
wrightttm.jpg

Creating this topic reminded me how much scanning I have to do (if my scanner and computer will cooperate this week).

Thanks for looking.

RZimm11

Feb 4, 2009
Nice stuff.

I used to have a Wright collection myself, until I concentrated on Zimm. Had a couple of those.

ffgameman

Aug 7, 2008
Kentucky
Thanks. In total I have a little over 100 Wright cards, with around 15 GU and those three autographs.

Triple Threads and Finest remain favorite products for Wright, but it's hard for me to get things from them (especially TTT). Of course there's eBay for Finest refractors, but I prefer trading.

ffgameman

Aug 7, 2008
Kentucky
Nikobaseball said:
Pretty sure this is the holy grail for Wright stuff,

wrightgold.jpg

Indeed.

A few bills ( :lol: ) out of my range though. At the moment, even the Chrome non-refractor AU is out of range.

Nikobaseball

Aug 7, 2008
Yeah, his stuff is relatively expensive.

I had two at a point, but sold one. I'm not as attached to this one as I used to be, so I may try and move it to fund my new project (55 topps set all psa)

ffgameman

Aug 7, 2008
Kentucky
Nikobaseball said:
Yeah, his stuff is relatively expensive.

I had two at a point, but sold one. I'm not as attached to this one as I used to be, so I may try and move it to fund my new project (55 topps set all psa)

Good luck if you do.

His stuff IS dropping, but that doesn't help me since I don't buy much (and couldn't buy the higher-end cards anyway).

delsant2

May 29, 2010
Hey there,

Cool stuff!! I also collect Wright (along with McGwire). Those are my two personal collection fellows! I brought a few scans with me of my favorite stuff. Hard to pick, I really love all of his stuff!! Enjoy!

3 of my 4 1/1's
004.jpg

My favorite non-rookie autos and game used.
003.jpg

2002 Bowman Chrome complete set. The Gold is my favorite, but the error (non-auto card bottom left) is probably the coolest!
002.jpg

More complete sets of rookie stuff. The autos are #'d /500, /375, /100, and the black is /25!
001.jpg

I have all of his minor league stuff, and I am only missing one of his rookies!! If anyone comes across a 2002 Topps Pristine Gold Refractor #'d /70 of the "rare" version, card #168, I would certainly be interested!!! Also looking for a bunch of other rare low serial numbered cards of his.

I also have two doubles of pretty rare Wright cards if you are interested. 2007 Topps Chrome Red Refractor #'d /99 and the other is a 2006 Fleer Glossy Gold. According to Beckett, the 06 Fleer Glossy Golds are too rare to price (odds are 1:144 packs). I have only seen two of these ever (and I bought both, lol). I would like to see it go the a Wright collector. Let me know.
005.jpg

Metsfan75

Jan 25, 2009
Nice Collection's guys! I'm a huge Mets fan but Wright's stuff its just a little pricey for a kid like me. I have been picking up tons of his base/inserts I need lately. And I guess I will show off some of my nicer ones

wrightttt.jpg
davidwright.jpg
dwright.jpg
wright1.jpg

And my favorite one :D

metdual.jpg

Still have like 2 Auto's and like 15 GU to scan

delsant2

May 29, 2010
WOWWW!!! Super jealous of the Wright/Seaver dual auto. I didn't even know they made one. I really have to add that one, and eventually a Wright/Reyes auto. Cool stuff!

Krom

Jun 13, 2010
Long Island
delsant2 said:
Hey there,

Cool stuff!! I also collect Wright (along with McGwire). Those are my two personal collection fellows! I brought a few scans with me of my favorite stuff. Hard to pick, I really love all of his stuff!! Enjoy!

3 of my 4 1/1's
004.jpg

My favorite non-rookie autos and game used.
003.jpg

2002 Bowman Chrome complete set. The Gold is my favorite, but the error (non-auto card bottom left) is probably the coolest!
002.jpg

More complete sets of rookie stuff. The autos are #'d /500, /375, /100, and the black is /25!
001.jpg

I have all of his minor league stuff, and I am only missing one of his rookies!! If anyone comes across a 2002 Topps Pristine Gold Refractor #'d /70 of the "rare" version, card #168, I would certainly be interested!!! Also looking for a bunch of other rare low serial numbered cards of his.

I also have two doubles of pretty rare Wright cards if you are interested. 2007 Topps Chrome Red Refractor #'d /99 and the other is a 2006 Fleer Glossy Gold. According to Beckett, the 06 Fleer Glossy Golds are too rare to price (odds are 1:144 packs). I have only seen two of these ever (and I bought both, lol). I would like to see it go the a Wright collector. Let me know.
005.jpg
I dont think its an error its a facs. auto I have a Kaz Ishii like it. They have a pretty low print run.

Metsfan75

Jan 25, 2009
delsant2 said:
WOWWW!!! Super jealous of the Wright/Seaver dual auto. I didn't even know they made one. I really have to add that one, and eventually a Wright/Reyes auto. Cool stuff!
Me either lol. At the Nationals I saw it in a display case and said to my self "I have to have this". Think I overpaid but I love the card

delsant2

May 29, 2010
Krom,

You are absolutely right, I just couldn't think of the word off the top of my head! And, yes there are very very few of them, but I don''t think the print run was released, was it?

Metsfan75,

Ha, well overpaid or not, still a very nice piece to have in your collection. There really is no such thing as overpaying. You loved it, and were willing to pay x amount for it. It is your money, and you can spend it however you like and on whatever you like. Nice card!

Krom

Jun 13, 2010
Long Island
delsant2 said:
Krom,

You are absolutely right, I just couldn't think of the word off the top of my head! And, yes there are very very few of them, but I don''t think the print run was released, was it?

Metsfan75,

Ha, well overpaid or not, still a very nice piece to have in your collection. There really is no such thing as overpaying. You loved it, and were willing to pay x amount for it. It is your money, and you can spend it however you like and on whatever you like. Nice card!

I am thinking around 30 but have heard less - but that usually from sellers who would say anything for a buck most of the time.

delsant2

May 29, 2010
I have heard as low as 10. No one knows, and you are right, people will just make up numbers to make an extra dishonest dollar.

Speaking of dishonesty, the only card of Wright's that I have that scares the heck out of me is the Uncirculated Auto. There are soooooooooooo many fakes out there. I don't mean the autos, I mean the fact that they are uncirculated. I did a ton of research on mine and I am relatively sure it is real, but you can never tell.

I'm thinking about joining the Wright collectors club. I have a handful of his gameused cards as well as a ton of his inserts. Being a Met fan Wright was always on my radar but I never was a "player" collector, only a HOF autograph collector. Heres a few of his autos I pulled in the last year....

07 Topps Sterling 05/10 (Jersey Number :D )
09 Topps Triple Threads WBC 14/36
10 Topps Triple Threads GOLD 6/9 (w/ Holliday & Braun)
06 Upper Deck Short Print/91

Wrights.jpg

Krom

Jun 13, 2010
Long Island
delsant2 said:
I have heard as low as 10. No one knows, and you are right, people will just make up numbers to make an extra dishonest dollar.

Speaking of dishonesty, the only card of Wright's that I have that scares the heck out of me is the Uncirculated Auto. There are soooooooooooo many fakes out there. I don't mean the autos, I mean the fact that they are uncirculated. I did a ton of research on mine and I am relatively sure it is real, but you can never tell.
I have heard 10 also but its hard to tell w/o a given print run. I hear you on the Uncirculated, a good friend has one and they are like the 06 Bowman Originals autos. Its a shame though cause Mauer has one too. If only they has a paper sticker that would fall apart if it was tampered with. or somrthing to that effect.

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
The Fax card is i believe about 50 of them. I had all the fax cards at one point and did alot of research on them. For any Wright collectors in this thread I am moving about 30 2002 BC autos and pristine cards. XFR/ref/reg psa/bgs/raw and I have some bgs 10/9.5/raw pristines. Drop me a line if you have any interest.

JC

Krom

Jun 13, 2010
Long Island
jcmint said:
The Fax card is i believe about 50 of them. I had all the fax cards at one point and did alot of research on them. For any Wright collectors in this thread I am moving about 30 2002 BC autos and pristine cards. XFR/ref/reg psa/bgs/raw and I have some bgs 10/9.5/raw pristines. Drop me a line if you have any interest.

JC

30 Chrome Wright Autos?

Nikobaseball

Aug 7, 2008
Krom said:
jcmint said:

JC

30 Chrome Wright Autos?

you dont know joe haha

Members online

Latest posts