Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Is ebay supposed to pull listings like this?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RZimm11

Feb 4, 2009
They won't do anything though. I reported another seller for explicitly stating that the high shipping was because of ebay fees. I almost bought a really nice patch for 5.00 before I read the shipping was 40.00!

Listing never got pulled.

It's called "Circumventing eBay fees." People just used to put the shipping on after the auction to hide it. But I've seen more and more people openly listing things like this and nothing gets done.

bouwob

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
The should.

I have tried adding an ebay tax to my auctions and they were paid immediately.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
There's a Magic card seller who particularly abuses this. He'll list playsets (4 copies) of a card at $2, with shipping at $28, when $30 is the going rate. He'll even state in his auction something like,"I'm doing this to get around ebay's FV fees." It just gums up the auctions and, I think, drives down interest for legit seller like me. He'll have dozens of auctions like this. I've submitted his violations about 3 times and nothing is ever done. I guess they are all busy looking for buyers and sellers who are on the same IP address and suspending those accounts, as has happened to me.

Members online

Latest posts