Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

TBS Postseason TV sked - first 4 days

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
On Sunday evening, TBS released their 2010 Postseason TV Schedule for the first four days of postseason play. There was nothing in the release stating where game conflicts would air (one game runs long while another game has its first pitch), but I imagine TNT would be the channel.

(EDIT to add: ESPN Radio has the radio rights to all LDS, LCS and World Series games.)

The LDS action on TBS starts with a tripleheader on Wednesday October 6th:

1:30 PM EDT - Rangers at Rays GM 1 - Don Orsillo, Buck Martinez, Marc Fein
5:00 PM EDT - Reds at Phillies GM 1 - Brian Anderson, Joe Simpson, David Aldridge
8:30 PM EDT - Yankees at Twins GM 1 - Ernie Johnson, Ron Darling, John Smoltz,
Craig Sager

Thursday October 7th tripleheader on TBS:

2:30 PM EDT - Rangers at Rays GM 2 - Orsillo, Martinez, Fein
6:00 PM EDT - Yankees at Twins GM 2 - Johnson, Darling, Smoltz, Sager
9:30 PM EDT - Braves at Giants GM 1 - Dick Stockton, Bob Brenly, Tom Verducci

Friday October 8th is a doubleheader on TBS:

6:00 PM EDT - Reds at Phillies GM 2 - Anderson, Simpson, Aldridge
9:30 PM EDT - Braves at Giants GM 2 - Stockton, Brenly, Verducci

Saturday October 9th is another TBS doubleheader:

5:00 PM EDT - Rays at Rangers GM 3 - Orsillo, Martinez, Fein
8:30 PM EDT - Twins at Yankees GM 3 - Johnson, Darling, Smoltz, Sager

Future broadcasts on TBS are to be determined as the LDS series play out to a conclusion or to the "if necessary" contests.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
Superfractor said:
Hooray for ESPN's rights to all games.

All LDS games are on TBS. LCS are split (one league on TBS, one league on FOX) and the World Series is on FOX.

ESPN TV has no postseason rights.

Superfractor

Nov 14, 2009
The Front Range, Colorado
rsmath said:
Superfractor said:
Hooray for ESPN's rights to all games.

All LDS games are on TBS. LCS are split (one league on TBS, one league on FOX) and the World Series is on FOX.

ESPN TV has no postseason rights.

Haha - I omitted one very important word: "Radio".

I'll be at work for all of the week-day night games, so the radio saves me.

Joshua.Roundtree

Mar 12, 2010
Clearwater, FL
This absolutely BLOWS!!!

Why are the Rays screwed with both home games at 1:30 and 2:30 in the afternoon? I guess that's how you are 'rewarded' for having the best record in the league. If they were worried about people not showing up they put the game at exactly the right time both days. Anyone who thinks MLB didn't do this on purpose is naive. I'll have to sell my Thursday's because there is no way work lets me cut out that early two days in a row. Bummer.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
Joshua.Roundtree said:
This absolutely BLOWS!!!

Why are the Rays screwed with both home games at 1:30 and 2:30 in the afternoon? I guess that's how you are 'rewarded' for having the best record in the league. If they were worried about people not showing up they put the game at exactly the right time both days. Anyone who thinks MLB didn't do this on purpose is naive. I'll have to sell my Thursday's because there is no way work lets me cut out that early two days in a row. Bummer.
Really? So when do you suggest these games should start then. Someone has to lose out since they are putting on 3 games in one day. Oh well you win some and you lose some.

Penno

Sep 5, 2008
Oxford, AL
Wish they would have announced the game time for Braves/Giants game 3. I realize why they are holding out, but seems like TBS should work the TV schedule around the two teams that are guaranteed games that day.

JustinG08

Aug 9, 2008
Clearwater, FL
Pine Tar said:
[quote="Joshua.Roundtree":1f318jd1]This absolutely BLOWS!!!

Really? So when do you suggest these games should start then. Someone has to lose out since they are putting on 3 games in one day. Oh well you win some and you lose some.[/quote:1f318jd1]

No reason they couldn't spread the times around, I agree with Josh it's BS we get stuck with both early games.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
The baseball scheduling sux again this year. And do they even think about a game going extra innings or the probably slower-paced AL games?

I know they have a back-up channel (TNT?), but it's still pretty dumb to schedule games that close together. ESPN does it with CFB all the time too, so I'm not just picking on TBS.

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
TBTwinsFan said:
It's dumb that TBS gets the rights, we don't have TBS. Thankfully my grandpa does, so I will watch the games over there

I hate games on TBS too, but remember games on ABC Family one year?That was awful.The different start times on each day are kind of aggrevating too.At least when FOX and ESPN had the rights for the LDS the start times were consistant.

Looks like Caray isn't calling any games this year, I'd rather listen to him than Johnson.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
stalegum said:
jgro85 said:
Are any of these going to be available on mlb.tv?

The last few years, TBS has had something called "The Hot Corner" on their website. It's a live-stream of each game with four different camera angles (you pick which one you want) -- but without the audio. It was free; but this year, you have to pay $9.95 for it.

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/subscriptions/po ... BBUYPOSTTV

yep, you can do that. You may also be able to watch the games in the MLB.TV archives, but of course that is after the fact and not live. There are pretty extreme live blackouts (even covering U.S. territories, IIRC) so if you want to see it live in the U.S., you pretty much have to watch TBS or FOX.

(for others in this thread)

Joe Buck... FOX has the NLCS so you can suffer with the NLCS and World Series with him and tweedledumb Tim McCarver. I suppose you can mute the tv and listen to ESPN Radio.

TBS has the ALCS this year, BTW.

Rays - they don't have a very national following or draw ratings so I can see why they don't get the best primetime slots like the Yanks.

Caray - I believe TBS canned him after last season -- or they parted ways -- so that may explain why he's not calling games this postseason.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
Oh, just found out Rogers Sportsnet will broadcast all 2010 MLB postseason games in Canada. I suppose that means TBS's Canada version might have alternate programming.

Penno

Sep 5, 2008
Oxford, AL
SINFULONE said:
TBTwinsFan said:
It's dumb that TBS gets the rights, we don't have TBS. Thankfully my grandpa does, so I will watch the games over there

I hate games on TBS too, but remember games on ABC Family one year?That was awful.The different start times on each day are kind of aggrevating too.At least when FOX and ESPN had the rights for the LDS the start times were consistant.

Looks like Caray isn't calling any games this year, I'd rather listen to him than Johnson.

Caray was let go Turner Sports and is now working for Fox Sports calling the Braves games. Apparently he was making to many errors in the post season.

Members online

Latest posts