Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

What if your 24 hour walmart has this hot box......

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
What if your 24 hour super walmart had a hobby pack vending machine? You slide
your debit card or credit card and buy a pack or even a box. Unsearched and available
pack per pack......

would you avoid it?
would you spend 10 times what you do already?

I know in the past I have bought crappy retail boxes only to feed the hunger late at
night when card shops aren't open. Think of it...24 hour hobby pack access. The prices
could even be controlled electronically so they would rise and fall depending on demand.

anyone have a patent for this? Would this be cool, or am I just sniffing too much wood
glue?

Kevin

ffgameman

Aug 7, 2008
Kentucky
Oh goodness, don't bring up something else to blow my money on!

This would be horrible for me since Wal-Mart is my current place of employment!

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
ffgameman said:
Oh goodness, don't bring up something else to blow my money on!

This would be horrible for me since Wal-Mart is my current place of employment!

Excuse me, manager, could you just pay me in 2010 bowman jumbo packs please?

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
There are vending machines for everything, so why not. You could set them up right next to the lottery machine ones.

You might have something, assuming the machine isn't too intrusive.

blanning71

Super Moderator
Aug 8, 2008
Eastern North Carolina
vending machine = crack
all of us = crackheads

If you take crack + crackheads / addiction = a horrible mess

We would be stacked at the doors with our little houses of cardboard boxes like a bunch of homeless people, just waiting to get our fix.

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
200lbhockeyplayer said:
These were common in the Midwest 10 years ago.

Seriously.

really.....was it cash only or could you use credit card? Of course I would be worried about
the guy who stocked it searching the packs. Did you buy from them?

leatherman

Aug 7, 2008
The Atlanta suburbs
A few things to consider...

Damaged cards. You couldn't use the typical twist and drop vending machine or the cards would get dinged when they fell.

Box hits. If there are 24 packs of BDP packed in a row, and you hit an auto in the first pack, are you buying any more, or moving on to the next product until you get a hit there?

numba1yankeefan

Nov 29, 2008
Long Island
They had a vending machine in a grocery store by me about 10 years ago or less that had packs of cards in them. Mostly older stuff like early 1990's cheap packs but still pretty much what your idea was.

RZimm11

Feb 4, 2009
I do see a problem.

How long until people complain to Walmart store Managers that they bought 3 packs and didn't get their 1:3 insert?

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
200lbhockeyplayer said:
These were common in the Midwest 10 years ago.

Seriously.

Yep, I can remember in the early 80's there were wax pack vending machines everywhere.

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
I guess you would never know if you were buying the first pack in a box or the last of another.
Hobby odds would sort of go out the window because you would never know if someone
else had bought from the same box.

Still plenty of us take chances at far worse odds buying retail packs that are seached.

Can you see the hobby-vending-machine pack searcher with his hand stuck up the
machine, Homer Simpson style??

lol

RZimm11

Feb 4, 2009
schmidtfan20 said:
I guess you would never know if you were buying the first pack in a box or the last of another.
Hobby odds would sort of go out the window because you would never know if someone

Still plenty of us take chances at far worse odds buying retail packs that are seached.

lol

Thanked! :lol:

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
Kinda left of the topic, but there have been vending boxes since the early 70's. So the idea of buying baseball cards via an automated machine is very old.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
DWright5 said:
schmidtfan20 said:

lol

Thanked! :lol:

"Homer, are you just holding on to the pack of cards?"

"Yes..."

Members online

Latest posts