Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

What should i do???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yankees1218

Jan 1, 2010
I sold something to someone on ebay and after they paid, i sent with DC, but someone in my family threw out the DC ### ::facepalm:: .

Its been 13 days and the buyer now says he never got it. I have no way of knowing for sure.

What should i do?

Yankees1218

Jan 1, 2010
I know.... Lost it... ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm::

Also went to the PO and they said they dont keep any records.

jeffmu

Nov 11, 2008
If your PO is like the one I frequent the DC's are consecutively numbered, if I recall correctly all #'s are the same except for the last 4 (I actually just checked a stack of 25 I have and that is accurate), not knowing how busy your PO is, it might be worth while to run down and grab one and start entering #'s , assuming you have the address to where it was sent still, you'll have 9999 possible combinations, but may be worth it, just a thought.

Erich

Aug 26, 2008
Anywhere Delta goes.
Yankees1218 said:
I sold something to someone on ebay and after they paid, i sent with DC, but someone in my family threw out the DC ### ::facepalm:: .

Its been 13 days and the buyer now says he never got it. I have no way of knowing for sure.

What should i do?
This is just another reason to use Ebay/Paypal shipping. It is all electronic and the buyer gets a email with the DC number. Plus DC is only 19 cents not the 75 or so you paid.

ee10

Aug 14, 2008
Mt Sterling, KY
jeffmu said:
If your PO is like the one I frequent the DC's are consecutively numbered, if I recall correctly all #'s are the same except for the last 4 (I actually just checked a stack of 25 I have and that is accurate), not knowing how busy your PO is, it might be worth while to run down and grab one and start entering #'s , assuming you have the address to where it was sent still, you'll have 9999 possible combinations, but may be worth it, just a thought.

This is what I would do as well, especially if it's a high dollar item that's worth the hassle.

bigpapiMA32

Aug 7, 2008
Monterey, CA
If you aren't using paypal shipping I'm pretty sure you can still add a tracking number on eBay.

As for this situation, how much money? You might just have to bite the bullet on this one.

blanning71

Super Moderator
Aug 8, 2008
Eastern North Carolina
ThoseBackPages said:
refund the buyer

Unfortunately, this appears to be the only thing you can do unless you can work out another solution with the buyer. And as others have stated, PLEASE keep your receipts and DC#'s so you don't have this situation again.

Yankees1218

Jan 1, 2010
Yeah, i just told him that if he doesn't recieve it by friday, i will refund him the $$$.

MacK

Aug 7, 2008
If you can nearly completely pinpoint when you went to the Post Office, they might be nice enough to go through their records and print you off another copy of a receipt.

I'm good friends with the Post Office workers here, so they did it for me no problem, as I knew exactly when I came in, but they might not for you, I don't know. But if you know when you shipped them (the hour, too), it doesn't hurt to ask.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
If you go to the PO and send it out DC, you can come home and enter that number in the item you sold
that way you have it for situations like this. There is a spot on the listing at the end of the auction where it says
show this item shipped. and then you can add the tracking info.

Members online

Latest posts