Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Confusion concerning 'Collector's Revolution' billing seller

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TelePlayer22

Aug 7, 2008
I want to list items on the site, but I'm confused with how the billing works.

Obviously, I don't want to buy any credits until I see how successful the site is. It costs x amount of money to buy credits in order to list each card. I listed 1 item for $50 without using any credits (I hadn't bought any yet.) When do I have to send Paypal to CR for the credits? How can I be billed for the credits?

JVC

Aug 24, 2008
Boston
The site is free to use until March. Feel free to list anything you want without having to buy any credits.

TelePlayer22

Aug 7, 2008
JVC said:
The site is free to use until March. Feel free to list anything you want without having to buy any credits.

Excellent, thanks. Is this listed on the web site anywhere? I didn't see it.. it would be good to list =)

JVC

Aug 24, 2008
Boston
TelePlayer22 said:
JVC said:

Excellent, thanks. Is this listed on the web site anywhere? I didn't see it.. it would be good to list =)

Yes, it's featured as a banner on the homepage.

JVC

Aug 24, 2008
Boston
arod305 said:
Lots of Sellers, Not Many Buyers

We've only been around for a tad over 2 months and have had plenty of successful transactions. We have ads going out in some major publications next week that should bring in a ton of new buyers. Nobody said taking over ebay would be an overnight event.

TelePlayer22

Aug 7, 2008
bigalexx said:
I had to do this...

Untitled.jpg

Noice. I glanced past that because it looked more like a "Find Out More, 0% financing until 2010" type of ad that required some type of credit card.

JVC

Aug 24, 2008
Boston
TelePlayer22 said:
bigalexx said:
I had to do this...

Untitled.jpg

Noice. I glanced past that because it looked more like a "Find Out More, 0% financing until 2010" type of ad that required some type of credit card.

I hadn't even thought of that. We'll change it to make it look less like a credit card application ad.

arod305

Aug 7, 2008
JVC said:
arod305 said:

We've only been around for a tad over 2 months and have had plenty of successful transactions. We have ads going out in some major publications next week that should bring in a ton of new buyers. Nobody said taking over ebay would be an overnight event.

Taking over ebay? Joke right? I don't want to be a d-bag and I think its great what your doing, but I really hope your not expecting to rise to that level

JVC

Aug 24, 2008
Boston
arod305 said:
JVC said:
arod305 said:

Taking over ebay? Joke right? I don't want to be a d-bag and I think its great what your doing, but I really hope your not expecting to rise to that level

Yes, this was clearly a joke. We don't expect in a million years to be bigger than ebay.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
arod305 said:
JVC said:
arod305 said:

Then stop acting like you do.

bouwob

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
JVC said:
arod305 said:
JVC said:
arod305 said:

Yes, this was clearly a joke. We don't expect in a million years to be bigger than ebay.

No reason to think that. The likelihood of it happening is about a million to one but I bet they were saying the same thing about microsoft when ever Bill mentioned that some day they might be as big as IBM.

Just always think big, set your goals high, provide a superior product and never listen to anyone that tells you its impossible.

All In Cards

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
cgilmo said:
arod305 said:
JVC said:
arod305 said:

Then stop acting like you do.

once a d-bag, always a d-bag

JVC

Aug 24, 2008
Boston
bouwob said:
JVC said:
arod305 said:
JVC said:
arod305 said:

No reason to think that. The likelihood of it happening is about a million to one but I bet they were saying the same thing about microsoft when ever Bill mentioned that some day they might be as big as IBM.

Just always think big, set your goals high, provide a superior product and never listen to anyone that tells you its impossible.

I appreciate the support. I think our scope as a company is a lot more focused than ebay. You will never see people selling ipods or their car on CR.

Members online

Latest posts